1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

1198 Track Day And Brake Pad Thickness

Discussion in '848 / 1098 / 1198' started by BB1000, Jul 10, 2018.

1. Hi guys, doing my first track Day next Tuesday , just changed the brake fluid but noticed my pads are low
    3 mm maybe a tad more ... Will this be OK or should I replace with ebc as they are quicker to get than brembos, I like the brembo feel so would ebc be the same?

Thanks

• Like Like x 1
  2. Yes change them, though if it's your first track day you won't be so hard on your brakes but I would definitely recommend that you put new ones in.

3. Agree with the above, you'll probably be fine especially since the Brembos very rarely delaminate and fall apart when getting low but you can never be sure. @RickyX I didn't realise PFC did pads for bikes; they are the best you can get for sports cars and I'd definitely give them a go. I use Brembo Z04 as my default pads on all bikes now as they are the Endurance race compound and last three times as long as anything else so more than pay for their very high cost. PDQ1.com sell Bendix and can always do next day delivery so they are a very good fall back which I used before switching back to Brembo. The Bendix MSR are very similar to the Z04. I do find that the Bendix are a bit like EBC and many other aftermarket brands in that they tend to get low and sometimes just fall apart which can be very expensive in discs if you are not switched on to it.

• Like Like x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  4. Thanks guys... Going with sbs... Heard good things about them... I'll probably switch back to brembos later

#5 BB1000, Jul 11, 2018
    Last edited: Jul 12, 2018
Do Not Sell My Personal Information