1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Track Day Bike Hire

Discussion in 'Trackdays & Rider Skills' started by Cream_Revenge, Feb 15, 2019.

1. Anyone hired a bike for a day?

I'm thinking of hiring a 600 for a day to see what a modern one is like before getting a newer Thou.

2. Me.........a Pani 959 for the Donington track day. :)

Downside? I haven't experienced it yet, so can give no advice. o_O

• Face Palm Face Palm x 1
  3. Screenshot 2019-02-15 at 21.22.14.png

Sorry Creamy. :innocent:

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  4. Yeah.....few years ago I hired an R6 instead of my 748R ...like chalk n cheese but great fun. Also it started to rain so the fitted wets....my first time and wow they were good!
    Have hired ducatis on the DUK days and it's a good way to try out the latest offerings...didn't really get on with the 959 Pani but maybe set up and I wasn't feeling it on the day.
    Try it ..it's well worth it

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  5. Cheers. Most people with 600's think that's all you need but I think I'd struggle with one, the 996 and 999 have made me lazy.

I'm crap at selling bikes too.

6. I came from an R1 to an ex trioptions 899 and as much as I love the 899 and it handles amazingly I miss the straight line speed of the R1. The 899 is a far far better bike than my 08 R1 but it’s hugely frustrating getting done on the straights by the bigger bikes.

I tried my 1299S on the track a couple of times but I couldn’t relax knowing it was my road bike and in full road trim.

I’m now thinking of hiring a new R1 to see how I fair with it before buying one

• Like Like x 1
  7. Smallboy have a fleet of GSXR600's for rent at most UK trackdays. They're not ultra modern, but they're good bikes and really well maintained and the service with Smallboys is exceptional
    If you wanted to come to a Silverstone trackday, we have 2019 R6's on the hire fleet this year, which are as modern a 600 as you'll ever get, and you can hire one for a full day or just a session or two.
    TrackbikeHireuk.co.uk also have a couple of 2018 R6's on their fleet too, and they do most UK days

• Like Like x 3
  8. Can you hire bikes on 3 or 4 day Euro trips?

9. Yes...

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  10. Could be a good way to get to know a bike before putting ££££ in.

11. @Dibble should be able to advise of what company to use.

They have been used on a couple of Euro trips

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  12. I have to admit ...when I tried an R6 it was amazing...even around a fast track like silverstone.

• Like Like x 1
  13. Bit of a sideways question having never been on a trackday...do they do live comms....i always think it would be nice to know what your doing right or wrong while your doing it...i appreciate not everyone has a bluetooth thingy but if you had one it would give an extra dimension to learning if your riding and getting your ear bent while doing it....

14. The trick to selling bikes is simple. Have a nice bike to sell, minters sell themselves. :)

• Like Like x 1
  15. I've never come across that at a trackday. Most instruction involves the instructor following you and visa versa then a debrief in between sessions.

16. @Cream_Revenge

Hi, Matt at Smallboys does euro rentals but I don’t think he goes with the bike, just drops off and picks up from transport company, has a great reputation but just call him for info.

Your other option is to talk to Nick at MFM, he takes his booked bikes out to multiple euros and offers full support during the event, also has really good reviews from those I know that have used him.

https://www.mfmtrackbikes.co.uk/

http://www.smallboytrackbikes.co.uk/

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  17. Yeah...but - d'ya see what i mean? if you were entering a corner for example and had your body position wrong....you could be instructed accordingly...that'd be really cool...

• Agree Agree x 1
  18. Did some on road training with an ear-piece, the first time the instructor/observer spoke I shat myself and almost didn't take the corner, after that it was all good, can't see it not working on track either, so maybe you could ask for it?

19. I had it driving an Atom on track, was excellent.

20. Shimmy at Trackside hire has a really impressive lot of all the new models for hire on euros and UK days:

upload_2019-2-18_8-33-28.png
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information