1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Track Day Insomnia

Discussion in 'Trackdays & Rider Skills' started by Cream_Revenge, Oct 10, 2018.

1. Anyone else suffer, I've had 2 hours sleep, been awake since 1am. Seems to be getting worse with each TD now it's in my head......

• Agree Agree x 2
  2. Nope...

You need more Stella :beer:

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. Used to...
    Chill man.....deep breaths.

Have a good day!

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  4. Lol I know what you mean, I'm usually thinking if there's anything I forgot to pack.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Yes, I'm the same, usually arrive at the circuit half dead.

• Agree Agree x 4
  6. I've encountered a few guys on Euro gigs that once we've got out there, have forgotten their ignition key..... mucho stresso!!

'hello.... is that DHL?' :scream:

• WTF WTF x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  7. To avoid this I have most of my things in plastic containers and the car gets loaded exactly the same way each time. That way I can easily tell if something is missing.

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 3
  8. I usually tape the bike key to my van key the night before.

• Like Like x 1
  9. @Ash34 bet you just leave it all in your race lorry mate!! :D

10. My mate did that and missed the first two days on track at Cartagena. We met at Manchester airport on the way out and were joking about who's forgotten their key when he suddenly went very quiet...…
    I always put a key on the crate in my helmet bag and take a spare in my hand luggage just in case!

• Like Like x 2
    • Useful Useful x 1
  11. Once left mine and my mates 1098R ignition keys in the glove box of a hire car in Alicante when I was heading home.... I remembered as I snapped my belt shut on the plane.... Oh shiiiiiiitttttt....

Luckily my mate @carson rallied the troops and got me out the shit. Thanks Rob, once again :):upyeah:

• Like Like x 2
  12. Your mate isn't Dangerous Jim is it? He has a tendency to forget his keys for European track days.

13. That guy's an attention seeking twat of the first order. I think Tracksense have banned the fucktard. Which is good! He can't ride for shit either, a liability out on track.

14. No it's a guy called Dave who at the time was a pub landlord in Sheffield. He drank more than he sold so that probably explains why he forgot his keys. :grinning:

• Funny Funny x 2
  15. Agreed on all counts. He's a frigging liability and plays the "I'm spasticated card" too often.

• Like Like x 1
  16. I was up till about 3am before my recent trackday....but that was cos I was still putting the bike back together!! Had no wheels on which were quite vital to the trackday :/

Hows your day going? I hope you have a great day!
    What time is the lunch break? I've got most my stuff, I might try and see if they'll let me on a half day!

17. Race weekends are even worse. I get back from the office late anyhow and it takes a while to sort the gear so it's always well after midnight by the time I get to the track and there's usually stuff to fix the next night. I gave up even trying to get any sleep now and just have some drinks and social until the early hours through the weekend and lots of coffee in the morning since I'll at least be a relaxed tired then!

• Like Like x 2
  18. Sounds textbook! :laughing::upyeah:

• Funny Funny x 1
  19. Get there the night before, rather than constantly waiting for the 0430 alarm so you can drive there. And keep your track and other kits separate and in boxes. As above, never forget anything you planned to take then.

20. No worries mate, at least I know I can still pull a favour in some time if needs be

• Like Like x 2
Do Not Sell My Personal Information