1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Track Day On The 1098 Sf - Anyone Successfully Passed Noise Control

Discussion in 'Streetfighter' started by SF Kiwi, Aug 28, 2019.

1. Hello everyone, long story short.... my 1098 Streetfighter blew 110 Db at Silverstone yesterday at 5500 revs...So, I was not allowed to ride.

So, is there a system or just a slip on that will allow me to blow 100 Db?

My bike is 2 into 1 with a very flippen loud SC Project can.

So i either need a single can with a Db Killer which will do it or a new link pipe OEM and some cans.

Any advice ?

Thanks (oh and I don't have the original system) bought the bike like this....

2. My 70mm full Termi system (1098R) passes with the removable baffles fitted.
    I would guess that the SF Termi shotgun silencers plus baffles would also pass...maybe.

3. Standard termi system with no baffles was fine for me.

SC are known for being loud. They're the same as RaceFit etc. in that they don't do baffles and just run straight systems.that look beautiful, but sound deafening.

Cheapest thing to try is to get a baffle made and drill your existing end can to screw it in place. Wouldn't cost much and may drop a few dB

4. Have a word with Jeff at Pipewerx. He’s custom made a few cans for me now. Good choice of designs. Specify what dB’s you are aiming for. I took my Hyper to him and he made a can straight away, my Aprilia RRV he sent one up in the post, arrived next day.

5. Thanks for that....I think I'll purchase a baffle or two and see where we get to, I can find them online for only £9.... hopefully that helps.

Gosh, I hope it works

Thanks

6. As @Andy800 said, Pipewerx are a good shout as they also will custom make you just a baffle as I know they've done it for a mate previously

7. Thanks for your infomation on Pipewerx, they made me a pipe and it's amazing. So much Quieter but has a more throaty tune to it.
    Actually I love it.
    Also....with this longer quieter pipe, the bike is smoother to ride...it's amazing actually.Might write a post about it.

• Like Like x 6
  8. Great stuff, glad you got it sorted.
    Any pics :)

9. Here you go

10. Its the biggest they do at 450mm and I think on first inspection it looks bloody massive....but having ridden it properly today...it's phenomenal....it barks at you and popps.... and thats with the DB killer in...havent taken it out yet...might try it..Kinda like how it sounds now....Loved the SC can...but, I do love how this changes the ride feel...So much more linear in the power...rather than snatch, it's rolls on better..

11. Nice. I opted for the same can on my hyper only half the length. Need a longer pipe as I’m hoping to get on at Oulton park. Not sure what it’ll blow with the dB killer in

12. Wtf?! You launching misses at people trying to overtake you?! Wow. That’s big.... bit if you like it, that’s all that counts :upyeah:

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. They guys at PipeWerx reckon it'll be 100Db or 102Db...I'm gonna put a shout out here in Cornwall to see if someone has a Db reader...before I travel another 350 miles to Silverstone...

14. It is massive isn't it ? I dont like it like I liked the SC pipe....but, I love the way it's changed the ride feel....i'll grow on me I guess...well, not longer I hope :D

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  15. The dB meter apps available on phones are pretty good these days, might be worth a try, especially if you know what your old can measured

16. Thanks.....I did use one but didn't know I had to bring her up to 5.5k revs.
    Hopefully, it'll pass this time.

17. Keep below what they ask you to rev to, I try to keep below, they don’t look

• Agree Agree x 1
  18. Yea...they laughed at me when I came up for testing...The old man said it wouldn't pass before I even started it....gutted...it was a tragic day. So...I can already tell this can is so much more quiet..big to look at....but quieter ( for a 2 into 1 1098 SF ) that is

19. It is proper annoying having the “am I gonna pass” thought running through your mind.
    Both my bikes are loud. My Aprilia has come out between 101 and 105. No idea what the hyper will bell out at but I know it’s obnoxiously loud without the baffle....

Do Not Sell My Personal Information