1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Track Days Are Great ... Until They're Not

Discussion in 'Trackdays & Rider Skills' started by Brouny851, Jul 16, 2020.

1. Arrived at Wanneroo Raceway, West Aust at 7am, beautiful day.

20200705_074506.jpg

Had 3 sessions, all good, then in the 4th the rider in front of me lowsided in the self-descriptive "esses" at about 150k/h leaving me nowhere to go. I clipped his rear wheel and was launched over the handlebars whilst my bike crashed heavily on the LHS before commencing a series of flips before mercifully continuing it's acrobatics on the in-field. I got some decent air time before landing face down spread eagled on the track and sliding about.

The bike came out of it surprisingly well, obviously cracked fairings and mounts snapped but all seems pretty straight. I was fine straight afterward but have stiffened up now - although nothing is broken - money spent on good gear pays off.

20200705_155218.jpg 20200705_155315.jpg 20200705_155437.jpg

What I wasn't aware of at the time was that there was a rider not too far behind me and I came very close to being his speed hump - you can also see my bike doing it's thing in the background.

So the task of defrocking and blasting out the sand and debris is done. At this stage it's a bit slowly, slowly and all corners will be cut in repairing my cheapie track bike :upyeah:

20200715_190334.jpg 20200715_190420.jpg

• Like Like x 4
    • Love You Love You x 2
  2. Nothing worse than getting caught up in someone else's accident but glad you're relatively unscathed.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. Poo :poop::(
    Even your dartboard looks all wonky :eek:

• Funny Funny x 1
  4. Damn! Been there, done that, been part of someone else accident...you have my total sympathy, brother

• Like Like x 2
  5. Bummer but the bike is repairable and thankfully you seem to be only battered and bruised but in one piece. I wish you better luck the next time out :upyeah: Andy

• Like Like x 2
  6. Glad you’re ok! Frustrating I know!

• Like Like x 1
  7. Good that you are ok. Bike easier to fix than bones.

• Like Like x 1
  8. I crashed my ZX10R at Donington many years ago. Luckily I was able to ride it home as it was only a slow lowside at Redgate. I said then I'd never take my road bike on track again.

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. Marks out of 10 for shrugoffability = 11, Glad you're ok.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  10. Glad you’re relatively ok :upyeah:, great bike those 600rr’s

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  11. Crap to have it happen, we have all taken a tumble, do enough days and it's when, not if, glad you're ok.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  12. Glad you are relatively ok bud:upyeah:
    The rest they say is nuts and bolts.... but bloody annoying :weary_face:

• Like Like x 1
  13. Really glad you're OK. Looks like a fair tumble!

• Like Like x 1
  14. Trip down memory lane, I was on that track last in 2007!

Glad you’re ok. Always a bummer to spend money fixing a bike when it wasn’t your fault....

• Like Like x 1
  15. Bad luck, glad to hear you’re ok.

• Like Like x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information