1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Track Fairing In Spain

Discussion in 'Touring' started by carson, Oct 28, 2016.

1. So I'm thinking about putting a track fairing on the 1299 but the problem is I want to use the bike on the road...in Spain.

My bike is UK registered, 2016 so no MOT yet and is kept in Spain. Does anyone know if the Spanish plod would give me a hard time running the bike on the road with a track fairing, meaning no lights? The bike would be just as it would meet the UK requirements to pass a "daytime" MOT.

Just not sure the Spanish authorities views on this...?

2. Have you considered the Ducati Performance track fairings? They are the same as stock but not painted so you need to get that done unless you leave them white. They come with all the plastic light blanking units, and you can still use the real ones if you wish.

3. I'd rather remove the headlight to be honest mate if I'm tracking it. Can you still remove the headlights with the DP track fairings?

4. Yes, they come with blanking plastics to remove all the lights as well as all the electrical connectors so you dont get an engine warning light. The good side of the DP fairings is they are exactly the same as stock ones so once painted the bike looks the same and you can keep all the plastics etc. The bad side is that it takes a while to change over or remove them which can be a headache if you are on track a lot. I've moved to race fairings on dsus clips which I can have completely removed in thirty seconds, but it has no weather protection so wouldn't be much good on the street.

5. I wouldn't want to keep swapping the fairings over, hence why I'm looking for info on wither I'd get grief off the Spanish law for running without lights? The bike will be used for track and road in Spain.

6. How about some WSB style "fake" headlight stickers?

7. Looking at the states I see whenever I'VE BEEN TO SPAIN, I'D BE AMAZED IF THERE WERE ANY PROBLEMS

oops, caps lock

• Like Like x 1
  8. Nobody else have any idea how I'd get on with this?

Do Not Sell My Personal Information