1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Track - Tyre Wear

Discussion in 'Tyres' started by Advikaz, Sep 8, 2016.

1. What can you tyre nerds tell me about my tyre wear? Anything standing out at all? Anything need changing or addressing ?

image.jpeg

2. Deck chairs could do with an update maybe... ;)

Just pulling your leg mate. I'm interested to hear the 'track guru' responses too.

• Funny Funny x 1
  3. Got some crap in the garage mate. I, like many have what is known as a 'missus'.

Which means we keep collecting crap!

4. @Sam1199S is good with this stuff. To me that is not terrible but you are getting what looks like a little cold tear from having too high pressure (or possibly spring rate or rebound settings).

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  5. Yeah, naturally it looked worse once the tyre had cooled completely.

I started off the day running (cold) 30/30. Might be why..

6. Ah yes fairly likely pressure related then. These ones warm up quicker as they are road tyres but 30 cold is certainly too high for Supercorsas. You look fast in your vid (nice vid by the way :) ) so might actually be that they are over heating. I had a similar thing happen with the Supercorsa SP at Spa because I forgot to let the pressures down before going on track.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Thanks mate, unfortunately in that session I missed a lot of apex's, was very very tired though.

Thanks for your kind words mate!

8. do you use tyre warmers mate??

9. Tyres looks pretty good, you want it looking like small ripples on a beach and yours does

30 rear cold sounds a bit high for track, assuming no warmers? I'd probably start 31 front and 28 rear on a road tyre like that. Front should get up a couple psi and rear end up around 30 ish hot...not too much more.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Btw no way a tyre guru but have raced on similar tyres with no warmers. On mine I would run 26 rear cold...but then I do create a bit of rear end friction and wear tyres out ;)

Cue Vaz-eline smut...

• Like Like x 1
    • Like Like x 1
  11. You're better off setting your pressures as soon as you come in from the track, so you can get a better gauge of heat in use rather than guesstimating with a cold tyre. Even off the warmers, my rear can gain 1-2psi when I come straight in
    That wear looks pretty decent to be honest
    I'm not sure on the SP chart, but an SC compound Supercorsa should be in the range of 26-29psi hot

• Like Like x 1
  12. Screen Shot 2016-09-08 at 17.01.28.png

• Like Like x 1
  13. Negative on the warmers matey

14. I started using tyre warmers mate and don't get any tears any more think it's to do with the heat cycle that buggers um up.

15. Thanks bud, I'm going to step up to supercorsas when I wear these boots out. May consider getting some blankets :smile:

16. I use d211's and warmers they seen to last much longer.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  17. road tyres aren't too bad for heat cycles but its better to use warmers if you can

does add quite a lot of faff tho

• Like Like x 1
  18. Warmers are well worth having. The SP version of the Supercorsa is less prone to issues caused by heat cycles, as it's effectively a road tyre with a track intention and warms up well in normal use. Whereas the SC0/1/2 versions are are track tyres that you could just about scrape using on the road on a warm and dry day, and a few heat cycles will see them losing grip very quickly
    Tyre warmers mean you're only putting one heat cycle in per track day, whereas no warmers would put 6 or 7 cycles in and could well mean they're past their best

#19 graeme4130, Sep 8, 2016
    Last edited: Sep 8, 2016
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  19. If you didn't want to buy some, most TDO's will rent you a pair for the day for about £20

• Thanks Thanks x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information