1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Trackday Insurance Asap

Discussion in 'Trackdays & Rider Skills' started by Lyndon, Feb 6, 2017.

1. Has anyone any recommendations for conpanies providing one off trackday cover for bikes.

Unfortunately bemoto who I usually use have yet to confirm underwriters for the coming season and need to try and have sorted by end of week.

Have tried Moris aswell but they are in same position.

Thanks

Lyndon

2. I wouldn't be surprised if this thread takes a while for replies

I've only ever met one or two people that have bothered with insurance.

When I raced cars nobody really bothered either

3. Snap. Don't actually know anyone (in real life, not online) who has it :)

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. Fair enough, i just felt it made sense incase totalling the bike I'd rather pay the odd day insurance rather than the value of the bike if worst case scenario happened.

5. If you google car trackday insurance, I think something James or James something offer cover for bikes as well. Sorry I can't be more helpful, I'm getting old. Andy

• Like Like x 1
  6. Totally agree. Just a shame it's so pricey. And often the excess is enormous too.

7. Without tempting fate (!) you have to go some to total a bike. IMHO be better off adding fork sliders and spending a few hundred quid on some ratty bodywork :)

8. It makes me think about getting a cheaper track day bike but part of the reason I bought the 1299 was to ultimately just use it on track so I would only end up wanting to be on it rather than what I swapped too, will just have to see how it adds up over the next summer I guess

9. Yeah I do appreciate that and that's what most of the lads say who I trackday with, but can just imagine the day I choose not to insure it something would happen and cost a fortune but maybe I should only track what I can afford, but then where's the fun in that I loved the few days I did last year too much haha

10. Yeah I completely get why someone would buy some older snotter as a track bike...

But for me it doesn't make sense (like I say for me). In this day and age you have to ride like an absolute fairy on the roads, so why not have your best weapon for the track... after all that's what they're intended for really.

Bit like being in the Air Force and having a typhoon but going in to theatre in a Cessna because you're worried you might damage the euro fighter :tearsofjoy:

• Like Like x 2
  11. What he said ^^^ incl an old sitter just isn't the same. May be fun, but less care sometimes means push harder which can be disaster. Unless you are pushing mid fast group, just enjoy the track :)

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. Yeah all makes sense Cheers

13. Footman James :upyeah:

• Like Like x 1
  14. Parking at the theatre is shit though so I can see why you'd take the smaller plane.

• Funny Funny x 1
  16. Don't mce pay up to 75% if you fully comp?

• Like Like x 1
  17. Think it's 50%, but better than 0% for sure

Do Not Sell My Personal Information