1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

1200 DVT Tracker

Discussion in 'Multistrada' started by If only, Mar 10, 2019.

1. im looking for a good priced tracker for my Multi... any recommendations?

2. Try Ghost.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Bike trac is very good, but the discount in insurance cost, once not bad, is now only a few pounds, against a subscription cost that personally takes the piss, I used to use bike trac on a few bikes, but in the end I could not stomach Insurance Companies reducing premium a few pounds that could save them £1000's at my cost and expense, even though I was happy at first if it caught bike thiefs.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. In a similar way that is why none of my bikes if they did not have an alarm on, I haven't bothered get one fitted. £300 alarm for an £80 insurance discount didn't make sense.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Depends on how important your bike is to you. There are plenty of telephone sim based trackers out there that rely on you doing the monitoring. There is a thread on here about one that I think ChrisW found. I believe BikeTrac are the only company currently to provide a 24/7 call centre monitored tracker service that the police will follow up with BikeTrac representatives if a bike is stolen and located. There have been several posts on here about individuals tracing their stolen bikes to an address only to have the police decline to turn out. Andy

• Like Like x 1
  6. BikeTrac; expensive however the insurance industry recognizes its accreditation. Meaning a 5%+ discount on that rip-off industry & you get to set things like geofences online. Many ducati dealerships now offer this service but don't seem to overly advertise it which is a shame.

Imho the only way you are getting your motorbike back, with a high probability is if its fitted with a GPS tracker. And the more people who use this equipment & services (3-year plan is best option) the lower the price will become.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  7. Last time I priced an insurance quote on my Ducati with and with out bike trac it was about £2.00 difference, on about a £275 premium, I am sure there are higher discounts, but on higher premium costs overall.

8. I was told that insurers now only give a flat rate discount on the first security device. Every subsequent device after then gives no discount.

Because I mentioned my chain first, this got me the tiny discount and my tracker means nothing to them (except if I take it off without informing them and they would probably not pay out)

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  9. The broker I used when insuring my 1260 effectively said the same when I told him that I had bike trac and a big f-off lock and chain (Thatcham approved physical security device). When I said will this mean I need to carry the hefty chain and lock with me when out and about, on tour etc. he said we'll just list the tracker, use the lock and chain at home and a decent disk lock when away for your own peace of mind. Only the first device gets you the discount. As my bike is parked outside under a cover the bike trac is a requirement of the insurance anyway. My previous broker couldn't source cover for the bike without a garage due to the value being over £15k, Ducati Insurance did and with the same underwriter, go figure...

• Like Like x 1
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  10. I have Biktrac on all my Ducati, it's a very worthy investment for sure.

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. :upyeah: Bike-Trac works for me from the point of view of personal confidence knowing what's going on with my bike, whatever the rip-off insurance organisations do in terms of cover, protection etc.
    Whatever anyone does, these insurance companies and I mean ALL OF THEM, will do whatever works for them and have precious little, if any interest in what their customers are looking to do/achieve.:mad:
    Every year when it comes to renewal time, I have to remind them all of what they are supposed to do for me/us and incredibly annoyingly I find I have to repeat stuff they are already totally aware of from the previous renewal conversations, often getting things completely wrong.o_O
    So beware, have no faith whatsoever in any insurance company and ensure you look after yourself in the best way possible, protecting your bike and of course yourself as far as you can.:motorcycleduc::fist:

Keep your own detailed record of any and all conversations with these insurance sharks!! It will give payback at some future point in time.

Huge apology for my RANT, which is now over...…..:poop::bomb:

• Like Like x 1
  12. Why ?

Do you really want your bike back after some scrote has nicked it doing untold damage in the process and fekin ruining your insurance anyway. And unless your the type who revels in conflict, would you take the risk of a face to face conflict over a lump of plastic and metal,

• Like Like x 1
  13. I’ve spent over £3,000 in extras and I’m sure the insurance company will still only offer me the trade value and no money for the extras I’ve put on. If I have a tracker fitted and it’s recovered by them I won’t need to make a claim plus I’m paying them to recover it. However, I take your point in would I really want it back after someone has trashed it, plus I’ll be paying a monthly fee in the process.... decisions

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 2
  14. I have fitted a monimoto to my multistrada and have been impressed with it. Make sure it has the latest firmware installed as they have done some work to stop false alarms in the wind etc which has reduced the false alarm rate to nothing so you can set the sensitivity high to give the best warning possible without constant false alarms. Highly recommended

• Like Like x 2
  15. You can buy different ones to fit yourself to locate your property but would you go round with your baseball club. Nah keep it.

16. It works using a RF fob which you keep on you (this is what they refer to as the key..). When the bike moves and the fob is in range nothing happens. When the bike moves and the fob is out of range then it will ring you followed by regular messages on the location. Every five minutes if the bike is moving every 30 minutes if the bike is not moving. There is no connection ton the bike electrically. All done using the fob. Hope this helps.

• Like Like x 1
  17. Quite a few thefts of high value bikes see the scrotes 'lifting' a bike and quickly leaving the bike somewhere else on an out of the way public street for a day or two. This is precisely because they fear a bike fitted with a tracker resulting in them having their collars felt. They return to collect the bike confident that, if it's still there, a tracker isn't fitted. Not always going to be that way I'll admit. I think there was at least one such case reported here first hand by a member who recovered his bike undamaged after theft, think it was in the Windsor area if memory serves me correctly.

Mine is a condition of my insurance as the bike isn't currently garaged.

• Like Like x 2
  18. If it’s a condition @Bumpkin of your insurance, then ok it’s a must. But even if you do get your bike back and don’t make a claim your insurance is still affected :mad:

• Agree Agree x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information