1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Traded My Heavily Tricked 1199s For Carbon Red

Discussion in 'Diavel & XDiavel' started by Goody, Jul 6, 2014.

1. So my 1199s went in for a new dash under warranty. 2hr job, so to pass the time I thought I'd have a bash at the 1200s and the diavel.
    I feel ashamed to say that I enjoyed the 1200s, good bike but not too exciting. Happy wheeling though.
    Then........the diavel.......holly crap batman!
    I hadn't had as much fun on a bike since I was young...er. Smiles and laughter inside my helmet. What amazed me was how well it handles though and that raw power that you can really put down on the road. After all the mods of my 1199s, it's really flighty and the front is always in the air which is great fun of course but here's the thing; iv gotten to the point where none of my mates can keep up with me and if I find someone to race I blow them away. (These days it's less common) so I find myself cruising along rarely exploring the best of the 1199s.
    When I do feel more spirited on the 1199s is so so good and I love it so much, but I'm starting to think "what if a car pulls out, or a deer etc. a few months ago I hit a deer in my Audi and it cost 2k to fix. Then I hit a pheasant (no damage)! Iv had a long of near misses with pheasants on my 1199s and gsxr1000.

Before the test rides I was on my usual blast but slowed for a corner which usually would smash. Round I came(slightly blind) and a car was pulling into my lane. If I was gunning it, I'd be dead. On the test of the diavel, I came round a blind hair pin and a granny was sat in my lane pulling out looking the oppersite way. If on my sports bikes I'd of been all over her car but I was enjoying the ride on the diavel, not the knee down buzz as so I stayed alive.

Two weeks of sleepless nights wondering if trading my dream sports bikes for a new era of riding experiance was a good thing; still I'm not sure but iv done the deal and in two weeks il be on a diavel carbon red.

Already decided that if I don't get on with it il be back to get the 1199r but hoping il love her/him/it lol

2. Hope you like the switch , sounds like enjoying the whole ride rather than just trying to be the fastest might be good for your health.
    You mention coming round a bend " slightly blind " Is that a bit like being slightly pregnant ? You either are or you arent .

3. :) as in bend not eyesight. Bushes obscure the actual junction rather than the bend itself so going at it hard really commits yourself.

Yes, health and licence!!! After 14 yrs it's finally clean

4. Wait until you have done a few hundred miles on the diavel and you will know you have made the right choice.
    Keeps me smiling every mile .....

5. Well it did when I tested it which is why iv had it on my mind for 2 weeks. Think if it hadn't of had such in impact I wouldn't of given it a second though. In fact until I rode it I never would have.

Do Not Sell My Personal Information