1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

1200 DVT Traded...

Discussion in 'Multistrada' started by Old-Git, Jul 8, 2017.

1. Sorry but increased mobility problems and being vertically challenged has finally meant that Mutley has to go for something lower. Oh well at least I had one good France / Spain tour on it, but the little niggles with the bike haven't helped.

Cheers

Nick

2. Have if you can gat past the looks, have a go on a Diavel Old-Git, i had a pleasent surprise when i had a go on one.

3. Diavel looks don't bother me, lack of wind protection would (I know you can get flyscreens but....)

4. Could try a monster but wind protection still lacking. Alas, Ducati has nothing at all for someone of regular height (5'9 and below) for touring if mobility and/or getting a leg over a tall rear seat is a problem.

Could go old school and go ST4?

5. I hate to say this on a Ducati forum, but a friend has a GS cause he's also a garden gnome, they do low suspension and low seat packs ??

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. It's something ducati should of worked on with the 950 imho. The ride height should of been shrunk to widen the potential buyers.

7. I'm 5'9" :bucktooth: AND I've never had a problem with the Mutley..... although I am able to compress the spring quite a lot. :astonished:

• Funny Funny x 1
  8. It's not about seat height, a multi is as low or lowe than most sports bikes, it's getting on/off and Gs has the same issue unless your mate with a fishing rod leaves the rear off all the time. Which you can on a GS ;)

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  9. The old men trick of bike on side stand, foot on peg and then swing over does it for most isn't it?

10. Would never trust the stand for that

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. That fragile is it? See loads of people doing it on adventure type bikes, but yes if it goes wrong it would be a you tube moment lol

12. If you get the confidence, stick it in centre stand and rock off and ride away. Used to do that with my gs, can't say I, as happy doing in on the multi ;)

13. Yeah! That horrible noise when it twats the exhaust :confounded:

• Agree Agree x 2
  14. Monster 1200s very comfortable for a 5'9" person - on the high saddle position !
    Little sport flyscreen makes it comfortable to 95 (if that was allowed in this country which of course it isn't officer)

Also got a reasonable pillion position

the "s" is important with the pillion - for handling and comfort

15. You could replace the rubber bit where it hits... and by replace it, I mean every few hundred miles when it burns away again :joy:

• Funny Funny x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information