1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Tradesman Thread For Subscribers

Discussion in 'Suggestions & Feedback' started by AirCon, Mar 15, 2018.

1. @Rob and @El Toro
    It's been suggested that we should have a tradesman forum.

I don't mind paying a bit for it.

It would probably have two levels or tiers.
    Recommended people who weren't Ducati forum members and those of us who are.

I'm sure there are plenty of bike techs, IT techs, plumbers, carpenters, builders etc on here and we do get to know each other.
    Perhaps it would be a good idea not to let people use the emoji's or even comment otherwise people can get more than upset when it could effect their livelihood.

Just a thought..
    Should include geographic areas covered, type of works undertaken, Limited or sole trader, year established etc with contact details and hours.

Air Conditioning Domestic and Commercial dwellings - installation, service and repairs.
    Ceetek Limited T/A AirConTechnical.com established 2000 - Family Company
    London, Home Counties, North Hampshire and Oxford.
    020 8844 2820 [email protected]
    Normal Business hours 8-5pm, Monday to Friday.
    Free Installation Quotes
    No Fix, No Fee repairs.
    Emergency callouts normally available.

What do you think?

#1 AirCon, Mar 15, 2018
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 16, 2018
    • Like Like x 3
  2. Gigolo here :):upyeah:

3. like it, but gives our i.ds away, which may not suit all?

4. I said geographic area, not biological...:yum

#4 AirCon, Mar 16, 2018
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 16, 2018
  5. I think you’re opening a can of worms if you go down this route.
    This is a bike forum, not a Thompson Local.
    People could get flamed on here for simple reasons not equating their business which would not be good for them.
    Keep it simple because if I wanted a plumber I would look online first like normal persons do.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Ok... I thought it might be a good idea. :rolleyes:
    I'm clearly not normal.

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. Yeah, I can see Flatfish's point. That would have to give your exact address somewhere.
    Knowing the London theft rate you wouldn't want to do that would you?

I also agree with you, you're not normal:joy::joy::joy:.

• Love You Love You x 1
  8. And then wish you had got somebody recommended or through word of mouth, I have heard endless horror stories of people finding someone online or wherever who are either shit or unreliable....as for not normal most of my friends generally ask if anybody knows a good, trustworthy, reliable tradesman (I'd class my friends as normal people) the only trade I would struggle with is plumbing but you know what I would get a plumber on recommendation from a mate but I know plumbers are thinner on the ground.

9. My mate is a plumber and he doesn't charge me :innocent:

10. I think what is been suggested is a great idea, between people on here or people 100% trusted by people on here, believe it or not a lot of people give not one shit about motorbikes and will not seek to come back and steal your pride and joy after unblocking your bog, changing your Gardens appearance, or indeed putting a socket in your new extension.....I find it strange how some people are so unwelcoming of something that can be of great help, stick in the mud comes to mind.

• Love You Love You x 1
  11. So if I pay a really small amount....your mate is my new mate :)

• Funny Funny x 1
  12. I once bought him a Ducati 999 he couldn't afford after his marriage break up, but he did pay me back :blush: no interest of course :innocent: he's after a new bike soon so you can have him if you want :):upyeah::motorcycleduc:

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Face Palm Face Palm x 1
  13. Is this her office?
    [​IMG]

14. Can still see my footprints on way out.

• Funny Funny x 1
  15. I noticed that, why leave via the roof?

16. I didn't just the dew off the canal.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information