1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

1299 Translogic Quickshifter Sensor

Discussion in 'Panigale' started by chrisb1299, Feb 17, 2021.

1. So I'm at that point of lockdown where I'm dangerous to myself and start looking at ways to keep me entertained by spending money :laughing:

Anyone had experience with the above? I've not had any issues with the standard Ducati shifter really apart from the odd missed upshift but that was perhaps a lack of positive input from me. I remember reading before in various places that some were moving away from the stock Ducati unit so wondering for the £260 if it makes enough of a difference to the shifting experience to make it worthwhile?

2. I changed to the translogic at the same time as changing out to CNC rearsets, so hard to say which had more impact on
    better shifting, the shifter or the difference in the linkages etc. Overall though, I achieved a far more positive response.

3. @chrisb1299 well done in waiting this long to start your lockdown upgrades. I’d blown most of my stash within the first couple of weeks of the first lockdown. :)
    I’m interested in this as I’m trying to get the 1299 auto blipper working on my 959 and will need either the Ducati jobby or an aftermarket one. The DP reverse quickshifter works a treat on the 959 and if the 1299 works as well as that, I’d be happy with the std one.

4. Haha! I bought the bike in Lockdown 1 so there isn't much topping that! :laughing: I've been busy detailing the bike through winter as it was covered in swirls and then absolutely peppered in stone chips, some pretty nasty ones. So that's been keeping me distracted until now, but it's booked in for PPF next week so now I'm on to looking at other things.

I honestly don't really have any complaints on the current shifter to be honest other than those couple of times that I mentioned, this is my first bike with a qs/blipper so it's been a huge amount of fun anyway and made so much sense on track but also when my wife braved being pillion. Hard to tell if it's worth the upgrade for a subjective "improved shift feel", but interesting to hear that you experienced an overall improvement @990Glen

• Like Like x 1
  5. Oh, I haven't been completely honest with my spending habits, I did sneak in a DP race seat that I found on FB for a bit of steal so interested to see the difference with that, the standard one's pretty slippy!

• Like Like x 1
  6. My stock unit kept playing up until one day it died. Maybe my feet were to blame. But I replaced it with a translogic unit and it’s been faultless since. Shifts are fantastic so it’s a thumbs up from me.

• Like Like x 1
  7. I would probably do this purely for the feel tbh and may do it on my V2. The push mechanism in the standard shifter just feels wooly, where as even on my old 2010 Daytona 675 it was a Triumph Branded Translogic with no moving parts and much more direct feel.

My grumbles with my particular bike though are more with the blipper which I think is software so I'm waiting to see on the service if the software is updated and the blipper is better, as it tends to be very hit and miss with pushing you on with too many revs etc, and in anything other than the high engine brake mode it's VERY rough, which I think will all be tuned out with software updates.

8. So has anyone fitted an after market shifter with it in race shift? I’m looking at my std one now and space does seem a tad tight?

9. I can confirm the 1299 DP reverse quick shifter works as well in race than road. Now if I could only get used to doing things backwards than I'm used to. Which is in stark contrast to everything else in my life.

• Funny Funny x 1
  10. Boots, are you referring to the new knuckle and wire kit or is there another DP reverse shifter?

11. Ah, no there's a DP rearset that can be race or road. I thought you meant that. I did buy the kit you mentioned about a week before I lucked into some cheap(ish) genuine DP rear sets. But never tried it for obvious reasons. I sold it on here. Did I sell it to you?

12. No mate. I was reading the post though the other day.

#12 bettes, Mar 8, 2021
    Last edited: Apr 20, 2021
  13. Reading through this thread again made me wonder if anyone had tried the HM Sabs shifter on their 899/1299 or any other bike? Looks promising though a bit pricey although a good way to get a blipper on a non blippered bike. :)

14. So only took me a year, but my QS unit stopped working last weekend so took that as the sign from the universe to commit to Translogic unit. Fitted today and went out for a quick test, shifts seem smoother, crisper and I now understand what people were referring to about a more positive shift, it just feels more direct. A big difference in the ball joints of the two units, the new being a lot firmer but the bike has done over 20k so has been through a few shifts!

• Like Like x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information