1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Travel To Italy

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by Christy, Oct 6, 2021.

1. Has anyone been to Italy particularly by plane recently?
    I am planning a trip and getting confused on what I need to do. I realise that I have to take a PCR or antigen test before I travel and it looks like I need to organise another test for when I get back as I need to add the reference in a passenger locator form. do I fill one in for both ways?
    In Italy they have a green pass for travel on trains busses etc and entry into restaurants. Does our NHS proof of vacination QR code on the app cover this?

2. https://www.gov.uk/foreign-travel-advice/italy/coronavirus

Excerpt from https://www.gov.uk/foreign-travel-advice/italy/entry-requirements#demonstrating:

Demonstrating your COVID-19 status

Italy will accept the UK’s proof of COVID-19 recovery and vaccination record as the equivalent to a green pass. Your NHS appointment card from vaccination centres is not designed to be used as proof of vaccination and should not be used to demonstrate your vaccine status.

If you can demonstrate that you are fully vaccinated
    If you travel from the UK and can demonstrate that you are fully vaccinated, you can enter Italy without needing to self-isolate if you also:

• fill in the passenger locator form (EU PLF) before you enter Italy to get a QR code to show to your travel provider and Border Police. You can ask for paper form if you do not have an electronic device
    • show evidence of a negative PCR or antigen test, taken within 48 hours before entering Italy

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  3. PCR test on the way out. (we done our but no one bothered to ask for it??)
    PLF not required on the outbound journey.

Book day 2 test before returning to UK. (this will generate some codes that have to be used when processing the PLF)
    PLF can be done 48 hours or less prior arrival. (so cannot be done the way out)
    Our QR code had been accepted in Germany, Austria, Italy 2 months ago, although very few places asked for proof.....

4. I'm going to the MotoGiro on Saturday.
    As I understand it what has been said above is correct.
    You need a (paid for) antigen test before you fly out. Italy recognise our NHS covid passport as equivalent to the EU covid passport. You need to fill out an EU PLF fot Italy before you fly out too.
    You need to book a 2 day test for return before you go. The booking number is key for the UK passenger locator form otherwise they probably won't let you on the plane back. I went for the cheapest I could find at £28 (expert medicals) as I don't care about their trust-pilot rating, just need the booking number.

5. Thanks everyone. Just planning for the Milan Bike show

6. Sure is plenty to explore Gaston.

7. You only need a anti gen or lateral flow test to go to Italy, not a PCR. Same on the way back. Lateral flow to get on the plane and Day 2 PCR booked for the locator form. Lateral flow test in Italy was 15 euros done at a local pharmacy or take a approved test with you. You upload a photo of your lateral flow test and they issue a pdf certificate for travel.
    Just look on the .gov.uk website for returning. Things change regularly.

8. I don't think you need a test to fly back now, but you do need a test booked for two days after return.
    On a side note, be careful, as the test you need to take 48 hours before the flight to Italy actually ,and I'll put this in capital letters, HAS TO BE 48 hrs BEFORE ARRIVAL IN ITALY, NOT 48 hours before your flight departs.

9. I would also advise carrying a hard copy of your vaccination status as a back up to the App and QR code.

Call 119 and tell them you're travelling within the next 10 days.

• Useful Useful x 1
  10. Also going to EICMA, can't wait too see new Ducs in flesh.

I guess they wouldn't allow to sit on them ? That's a bummer.

• Like Like x 1
  11. As far as I’m aware Ducati aren’t exhibiting there this time. Or at least that’s what I was told at the weekend.

12. Well that's going to be annoying. I guess my money will go to MRR next year instead of new V4R.

Anyway, it's 30mins drive from me on Sunday afternoon.

13. Disappointing, but there's not much new so far. A rebranded 950 multi.
    As an aside, when I booked my ticket this year you have to specify a day. It looks like they are going to restrict numbers

14. There's a Pikes Peak Multi coming and also a V2 Street fighter. And an updated Cagiva Elephant

• Like Like x 1
  15. wot aboot V4R ?

Do Not Sell My Personal Information