1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Tread Design Opposite On Front Tire

Discussion in 'Tyres' started by Tooch, Apr 18, 2019.

1. So I had a set of Michelin Power RS's mounted a couple weeks ago. It wasn't until I got back and mounted the tires back on the bike (holy light wheels/tires, btw) that I noticed the tread on the front tire was facing the opposite direction as the rear. So I double checked the rotational arrows and sure enough, they're mounted properly. So I checked my friends zx10. He has Dunlop Q3+ and his are the same way. Front tread pattern is opposite the rear, directional arrows facing the correct way. I mean, I know about tire carcass composite and build, but I'd of thought the tire companies would of planned for that and swapped the molding for the front tire tread to face the same direction as the rear. Am I missing something...?

2. Accelerating and braking forces work in opposite directions :eyes: but the tread is designed to disperse water in the same direction. Not entirely sure what you mean though without a picture :thinkingface:

• Agree Agree x 2
  3. Rear tire tread v closes at bottom on rear, closes at top on front on both...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

4. And that's the way they're supposed to be mounted and rotate While the rears take water from the center of the tire and direct outwards, the inverse V of the front tread designs seem to do the exact opposite to me . Granted, I'm not a tire engineer...

• Thanks Thanks x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  5. Wow, very interesting, good find!

6. Tyre*

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  7. Not when the OP is from Pittsburg, US of A.

• Agree Agree x 2
  8. There is no such thing as American English, there is English, and incorrectly spelt English :bucktooth:

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Useful Useful x 1
    • Crap Crap x 1
  9. Is the correct answer.

E5BCB75F-23FC-47C4-B0E2-ADA221575316.jpeg

10. Is that in your UKIP Members Pack ?

• Dislike Dislike x 1
  11. I have never had any association or supported UKIP in any way whatsoever - it is purely a fact :bucktooth:

• Drama Queen Drama Queen x 1
    • Agree Agree x 2
  12. Fair point but your comment that started this was uncalled for.

• Face Palm Face Palm x 1
  13. So where did UKIP come into it? :thinkingface:

14. Exige for independent. Wooh hoo. :p:D:upyeah:

15. I'd annihilate the fekkers :bucktooth:

16. Weird that. I thought we Duke owners all stuck together & although Nige was a pisshead he was the only one who spoke any sense. Or is it me who just talks crap & can connect with him. :poop::poop::poop:

17. But now I need to sleep, as I am full of beer :blush:

• Agree Agree x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information