1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Treated myself

Discussion in 'Other Bikes' started by Gregory, Aug 10, 2012.

1. Just treated myself to this little stroker (those who know me know I have a weakness for two strokes :biggrin:). Been looking for a decent bike for a couple of years but good'uns are hard to find.

Found it with low miles on the clock and it looks pretty good. There were a couple of drilled bolts so someone wanted to play racer but looking at the engine and rest I don't think its been raced. Stripped the fairings and check all was ok then put some fresh fuel in, pumped up the tyres and stuck it in the van when I went to Pau Arnos (South West France, mega circuit) a couple of weeks ago.

I was running the 999R and it was so hot I was completely knackered so decided to have a run on the Aprilia. Folded the mirrors back and went straight on track. The tyres are dated 2006 but are soft compound road michelins. Anyway after a few lap scrubbing them in I went for it. Great fun. Leave the breaking as long as you dare and ride up the inside of bigger bikes, get mugged up the straights though:rolleyes:.

Did a couple of session with it and came back much fresher than with the duke, that said the track is more suited to a 600.

Bing biing!

Greg

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. What a beauty

3. Beautiful bike!

4. Tidy, how much dollar was it?

5. lovely - there's something about a zingy two stroke isn't there?

6. Love it

7. Oh my !!!! Sex wee came out ...... I've lusted after one of these more than any other bike having started on an rs125

8. Mmmm ......... that's lovely!

I used to have one (the earlier shape, a Chesterfield). I sooooooooo wish I had kept it - it was mint, as well.

A truly awesome bike - just pure fun.

9. Beautiful - I would absolutely love one of those - let us know how you get on with it!

10. Don't like saying how much I pay for my bikes but lets say it was more than 4 grand and less than 5. Not cheap but I always buy the best I can as a dog will always be a dog. It also got the Arrow pipes and the originals. The Arrows are like new.

Stray Cat, yes we always regret certain bikes but cannot keep them all. Buy another now if you can find a good'un.

Greg

11. Lovely looking bike ye got , enjoy!!

12. Gorgeous.. you have to be dead to not love the supersports 250 strokers!

My mate is on a mission to find a KR1S project to go with his ZXR 750 H1. I will actually explode with envy when he does.

13. Beautiful, gorgeous. Just showed my boy who races rs 125 and he immediately said "can I have one of those dad?"

14. Thanks, I have quite a few bikes in the garage and even non bikers point to it and say it looks the dogs. They have the looks and track pedigree to match..

You will have to find one for your lad:rolleyes:

Do Not Sell My Personal Information