1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Diavel Trickle Charge With Portable Power Supply

Discussion in 'Diavel & XDiavel' started by DukeSingh, Apr 19, 2018.

1. Hi, small conundrum. Have a garage but it has NO power supply and also have the Ducati Performance Battery Charger.

Qn: What portable device can I use to enable me to keep a trickle charge going to the bike given it has an alarm and tracker fitted?

Would like a device that will supply power for 4-5 days before it requires recharge.

See loads of portable AC devices online e.g. Webetop Portable Power Generator Inverter 100W 42000mAh, but don't think this will give me 4-5 days charge.
    Open to any solar panel suggestions.
    Tks

2. Have you thought of a solar charger?

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Thanks...have considered solar but am not savvy enough on the electrical side to know what option would be 'fit for purpose'. Any suggestions or links? Tks

• Love You Love You x 1
  4. You can get solar battery chargers designed specifically for this purpose, in fact Aldi were selling them recently.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. Was going to suggest Maplins....
    The interweb is your friend here

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. The VW Camper scene also sell these kind of things. Try looking at VW heritage or Just Kampers. They sell solar powered chargers, as packaged units.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  7. Okay, thanks all. I have gone for Oxford Solariser Optimiser....may the force (and power) be with me.:motorcycleduc::punch:

8. Err.... Oxford has not been the best on the reliability front, but perhaps you'll report back differently.

9. I went for an Oxford Solariser last year and my Diavel spent the winter plugged into it. It started off the button the first time I tried it, so the charger is doing its job.

So far, very pleased with it (once I'd made the lead long enough to be useful)

10. I think optimate do a solar kit, I had the oximiser........it’s in the bin now:punch:

Do Not Sell My Personal Information