1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Trickle Charger

Discussion in 'Streetfighter' started by David Hales, Apr 2, 2017.

1. ok i have a optimate charger, had a look under the rear seat (not much room under there), there is a white plug with a rubber cover over it that is connected to the battery and also goes into the bike somewhere, is this a charger port?, if so is there an adaptor to make it it fit the optimate, or do I just simply try and squeeze the optimate one under there as well, also is there any where to make it easily accessible other that remove the battery cover?

2. Yes

3. It sounds like the previous owner has fitted the lead.

The lead on my Streetfighter is threaded through so that the plug hangs down very slightly around the top of the rear shock so that it can be connected quite easily

4. When I bought my Streetfighter (new) the dealer sold me a Ducati Trickle charger and told me what lead to plug it too (was already there apparently!!) anyway I would plug it in as instructed but kept getting really odd messages coming up on my dash and the Optimate never went to "FULL" so I contacted the dealer and complained, turns out they told me to plug the Optimate into the Diagnostic cable that is same as an Optimate connection so be careful

5. Think I will play safe and just use the optima one

6. Ouch!

Do Not Sell My Personal Information