1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Trioptions Bike Return - What Do Do About Mods

Discussion in 'Ducati General Discussion' started by hugepiece, Sep 5, 2019.

1. My monster 1200 is about to end its trioptions term, does anyone have experience with how it works on return of the bike when it comes to mods? I'd done a few basic things like:

1) Remus end can (if i can find it i'll prob put the standard one back on)
    2) Adjustable levers
    3) bar end mirrors
    4) tail tidy with small plate (don't want to remove as its hard wired)
    5) Ducati alarm - i'll likely remove as that's plug and play i think
    6) Charger dongle for accumate

If I leave those parts on the bike will I get stung by the collection? Just trying to work out whether I should return to standard or not. i'm WELL under the agreed mileage but I know that wont get my anything back.

Any real experiences on here?

2. I think the thing to do is get it back to standard, then you can sell the after market bits privately.

• Agree Agree x 6
  3. Depends if you are returning or trading for something different, if you were to trade for something different, say, a Vespa or Honda Silver Wing as alternatives that spring to mind, you may get a better price than just returning to Ducati (I'm assuming you can do that with Trioptions deal?). Still be more cost effective to return to standard and sell bits privately

• Funny Funny x 1
  4. Remove the lot. Put back to standard. Unless dealer gives you more for a trade in.

5. thanks all i feared that was the thing to do. I'm not buying another bike at the moment, so just handing it back. the only item i cant be bothered to remove is the EVOTECH taildidy as that was a real B***H to install and had to cut a cable and solder on a new connector for the brake light

6. Try selling privately for more than balloon price?

7. Not sure you an do that given it’s not his to sell, but the finance company’s.

• Like Like x 1
  8. He can as long as it’s not leased. Just clear finance after. It’s probably how most bikes are these days!

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  9. As with cars, you can sell and pay off the balloon - obviously sell before end of contract, but you'd have to be open about outstanding finance which may put buyers off. Sure you could work out a legal way to do it?
    Other option, if you know you can sell for more, would be to get a loan to pay off finance before selling??

10. Its totally legal, I did it with my old Panigale which i sold mid-term. I basically got BlackHorse on the phone and got the buyer to pay them over the phone to settle the balance, I then got the phone back to confirm it was settled - he then he gave me the cash differential and took the bike away.

The reason i don't really want to do that one is I don't see enough profit in the value of the bike vs what the balloon is. There is maybe 500quid in it at best and I then have the hassle of selling the bike. So unless someone was looking for a really clean 1200 with a few basic mods for a few hundred quid less than the market its not really worth it.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  11. Fair enough, hassle of sale not worth it - might be worth a quick facebook ad to see if any local interest and if not take off the bits you can as dealer will likely try to penalise you for non-standard (I guess you can clarify that on the phone beforehand) :upyeah:

12. Worst case? Finance companies will probably charge you the cost of restoring back to stock at full dealer rates including parts labour and that might include a rear loom swap as you’ve cut the the original. I suspect the effort of doing that yourself is less that that potential bill.

• Like Like x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information