1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Triple Tree Hitting Tank And Fuel Cap Vacuum

Discussion in 'Hypermotard' started by IanH, Jul 30, 2021.

1. 1000 miles in on my Euro 5 RVE and had an issue…

After about half a tank of fuel I was finding the triple tree on the forks was hitting the front part of the fuel tank at full lock. This was mostly an issue at very low speeds and would catch when turning. Also on filling up with fuel I noticed the fuel cap was held down with vacuum.
    On investigating I found that there was no vent hole in the top of the tank. The fuel cap surround has the overflow pipe and the vent pipe (with ball valve in case of upturned bike).
    But the vent pipe sealed against a blank part of the tank. Looking on eBay I found a photo of a 2019 tank and there was the vent hole!! One drill bit later and the forks no longer hit the tank and no more vacuum issues.

Seems the guy putting the vent holes in must must have had a day off when my tank came through the factory.

I am amazed at how much the tank must have got sucked in to hit the triple trees as they are miles away from the tank ‍♂️

Attached is the photo from eBay showing the hole that wasn’t in my tank.

Anyone else have the Euro 5 and the same problems?

2954C7B1-433F-4F42-8D08-21CBC68D4885.jpeg

• Like Like x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information