1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

For Sale Triton Motorcycle 1964 Cafe Racer

Discussion in 'Other Bikes For Sale' started by JohnB250, Apr 18, 2018.

1. 1964 Norton Featherbed frame housing a 790cc Triumph Bonneville engine.

Frame and swing arm mods by Don Pender.

Engine is stock apart from the Keihin SR race carbs, it is 790cc with a 270 degree crank and gear change is 1 up 4 down, racer style.

Custom made parts include the top yolk, stem nuts, top fork caps, instrument panel, seat, head lamp stays, front brake stays, rear sets, tank strap, mudguard supports, chain guard, stainless axles, tacho drive shaft and mounting and the exhaust header manifolds.

Bike comes with spare carbs (standard Triumph) and a wiring diagram, it is currently registered and on the road.

Tank by John Bennett

Rear shocks are Girling copies.

Exhaust system by RGM motors

4LS front brake, Yamaha TZ mk1

Rear hub is Norton commando

Rims are Morad (formerly Akront)

Tacho drive gearbox was made by Richfield in the UK

Lightwieght mudguards are from Domiracer (US)

Switch gear is Triumph, the loom is a paired down Triumph item.

This is a superb motorcycle, custom built and unique cafe racer look and feel but utilising modern parts to ensure reliability and speed (& no oil leaks). The electric start is a big bonus.

Asking for 8100GBP including shipping.

Worldwide shipping.

Thanks

racer.jpg

racer.jpg

• Like Like x 17
  2. Beautiful,,a master piece:upyeah:

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. I've been thinking of buying a bike the same age as me and this is the best I have seen of that era, but just spent all my money :sob:

• Funny Funny x 2
  4. One of the best looking 'proper' cafe racers out there. GLWS

5. Love it. Glws.

6. Nice..
    Seems like a good price too :)

7. Hit me up with offers

• Like Like x 1
  8. shit thats beautiful. GLWTS

9. Somebody should snap this up.

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. Maybe location is an issue for U.K. buyers.

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. agree with Bradders, looks stunning, but without seeing in the flesh, who knows (and no disrespect intneded to the OP, whatsoever)

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. A Triton with an electric start is a very attractive proposition for those elderly 'Rocker Boys' who have given up on kick starting their old bikes.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  13. 'Elderly Rocker Boys', teehee. Poor old souls. Us 'old Scooter Boys' laugh at you and your kickstart trusses.

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  14. It looks very nice with some loverly parts, looks like it's a new modern engine, not the old pre_ unit.
    Steve

• Agree Agree x 2
  15. It is an engine from a Hinkley Triumph Steve.You can actually buy new Featherbed styled frames to accomodate the newer Triumph engines.I did toy at one time about having one built.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  16. I could find a very good home for that front wheel. :)
    Steve

• Like Like x 1
  17. I am also an old' Scooter Boy,'having a Lambretta GT200 round about 1966.only recently came over to the dark side of motorbike ownership.

• Like Like x 2
  18. Also known as the TV200. I used to use the gearbox from those in my tuned lammies as it had the best ratio. Esp the longer 4th.

Then one day I bought a GS750DB Suzuki for less than it cost me to tune my scoots and it had brakes that worked.

• Like Like x 2
  19. @Exige , I take it you have found the pennies by now and it is on his way to Yorkshire land?

Do Not Sell My Personal Information