1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Triumph 675 - Any Good?

Discussion in 'Other Bikes' started by RC1, Sep 7, 2017.

1. Keen to hear thoughts from those that have first hand experience esp for the pre-facelift

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  2. TOP 10 FUTURE CLASSICS - 3
    3) Triumph Daytona 675

[​IMG]
    Submitted by Visordown on Thu, 04/05/2017 - 15:02

[​IMG]
    An instant, guaranteed-with-knobs-on, classic. Not the new ones or the Rs – keep an original, gold, 675 under a blanket and it’ll reward you when you retire (providing you’re not already in your late 50s). Triumph’s slow turnover of new models means it’ll take a while before everyone’s forgotten how good looking the first Daytona was. But it was. Skeletal, minimal, slightly shonky but shot through with an unmistakable genius that perfectly captures the moment a manufacturer hit its stride. And it also signifies the moment in the mid Noughties when we realised the Japanese had lost the plot.

3. Fragile as a track bike. Very, very fragile. Needs meticulous maintenance.

I have a full rebuilt engine, and most of another to build if you get stuck :thinkingface:: unamused:

4. I had an 08 plate D675 with TOR ECU and exhaust. Really enjoyed it's quick steering. A small bike if you are the wrong side of 6'. The gel seat Increases comfort. The manual timing chain adjuster mod is a must. TuneECU allows home maintenance. Make sure the bike had the MOSFET Reg/Rec recall done.

#5 chrisw, Sep 7, 2017
    Last edited: Sep 7, 2017
  5. Oh and oil level is critical, metaphorically and literally

But there is a reason why half the paddock in club racing run them, even if half of those tend to be in carious states of repair most weekends.

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. Is the standard suspension set up harsh?

7. Bugger. Im thinking of it as a daily and learners track weapon because im scared to drop the banana

8. I'm a one-time-ride guy, so don't take too much stow in my opinion :) I know quite a few who have used them successfully for a few years, just keep an eye on the maintenance and oil levels....

BTW I am breaking one, so if you want a top end rear suspension unit, give me a shout ;)

9. Rear number plate bracket prone to break. Radiator caps fail causing coolant to boil out of expansion bottle. Fit later oil dip stick so that it is filled to over recommended level. Timing chain rattles so fit manual adjuster. There is an equivalent to the R1 throttle mod using a throttle from a Triumph 1050.

10. Thread moved

11. I had a 2015R one of the best bikes I've ever owned...period!

20160917_124020.jpg

12. Hi
    I have a 15 plate 675R , and find it to be a great bike, easy to ride , reasonably comfortable , handles very well and stops well.Power delivery is pretty good , but not frightening. Good as 1st track bike.

As @bradders has said maintenance and regular oil changes are a must. I have heard that in standard trim the engines are quite reliable if maintained properly.

13. Buy a gsxr 600 or r6.

14. ZX6R I'd say :)

15. Yeah true zx6r also cracking bikes. Don't think I've heard of any horror stories about the kwacker at all.

16. 600 best option for a beginner TD hero?

17. Depends what a beginner TD hero as used to riding. Make it cheap, make sure you have decent income replacement (or perm employment with sick pay) and go and learn to ride fast ;) LOL

18. 600's good all around ! A lot of guys in the fast group and ex racers use 600's.

19. i was leaning towards a k6 but it wont be an out and out track slag and i love the individuality of the triumph... im also a crap rider so not bothered about being the fastest out there

• Love You Love You x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information