Trump

Discussion in 'Speakers Corner' started by triari, Nov 8, 2016.

1. The announcement should only surprise those who are often surprised. Ever since the 70's, EVERY U.S. president has said he will do this and as so often with trump, he either thrives on such events or he genuinely believes he is the man to do what needs to be done and others are afraid to do.

The usual reactions as predicted followed and by the usual candidates. Not surprisingly the people stirring it up the most, have the most to lose if people get along. In many ways my point earlier that he feels well you lot have been promising a peace process for decades and got no where so my turn.

For many in the middle east, they need the divisive them and us imagine if hesbolah said, sure we can sort this shit out. what would they do afterwards? For many of these political leaders finding peace would be like a cancer treatment company finding a pill for cancer that also ensures it never comes back, would they offer that pill if it meant the complete closure of the company and all the staff being laid off but even more the top flight in charge, losing the power and benefits of being top dog in some way?

Ideally you would be able to sort the wheat from the chaff. Bypass the "Trump said it so we must hate everything", bypass the "leaders in the middle east who asking for holy wars" and then leave it for a week or so to see how others really react rather than just promote themselves

#2821 noobie, Dec 6, 2017
    Last edited: Dec 7, 2017
  2. I predict firecrackers and plenty of them, hold onto your hats.

• Like Like x 2
  4. What a good looking guy

• Funny Funny x 1
  5. Another self-righteous half-wit trying to indoctrinate the population with liberal misguided nonsense.

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. I agree on his second point that many run towards the scene , obstructing in many ways, the emergency services just to upload events to their own facebook/twitter/instahram etc acount. There is this obsession with social media that I have always felt is just as dangerous as Alcohol or drugs

On his Trump point, I think most politicians manipulate the news, look at yesterday with the claim of a planned terrorist attack on May just one day after the crap day she had. I think however Obrien has wondered into the "bush did 911 to create war" territory. I do feel Trump genuinely in his head, feels we have tried every way possible and no one has achieved it so is it time for his approach.

Despite the uproar, he's not putting military boots on the ground in Jerusalem or threatening Palestine, nothing of the sort. Watching news yesterday a pattern emerged, almost everyone who wanted hate to remain to uphold their own position and keeping people apart said " it's a very complicated situation" the usual put down when people want to keep the quid pro quo and want others to keep their nose out.

7. Seems this was passed in 1995 and no president since has implemented it.

So ‘getting the job done’ or ‘short sighted fool’

Hard to really tell.

8. Indeed, and that in itself speaks volumes to those listening.

10. All I know is that my son was paid up and ready to go on a trip to Israel as part of his degree two years ago. With 5 days notoce they cancelled it, as the Palestinians had started attacking tourist hotspots in and around Israel and Jerusalem.

I confess to having a leaning towards sympathy for the Palestinian cause, however I also suspect they won’t be happy until Israel is eradicated, along with its people, from the face of the earth. When all the time, the people on the ground simply want to live in a society that permits them to live their lives in regular safety.

11. All I know is that my son was paid up and ready to go on a trip to Israel as part of his degree two years ago. With 5 days notoce they cancelled it, as the Palestinians had started attacking tourist hotspots in and around Israel and Jerusalem.

I confess to having a leaning towards sympathy for the Palestinian cause, however I also suspect they won’t be happy until Israel is eradicated, along with its people, from the face of the earth. When all the time, the people on the ground simply want to live in a society that permits them to live their lives in regular safety.

12. They only recognised West Jerusalem as the capital city of Israel. There is a distinct difference in the language used by Trump.

• Agree Agree x 2
  13. while i didnt know it was only west Jerusalem, thats BBC Scot for yah, i dont need no convincing when it comes to trump and his less than merry men. cancerous bunch that they are.

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. Yep, along with all the other non-believers.

15. Funny how those who protest others are full of hate are the loudest, shoutiest people around. Who insist on others changing their views. Insis their rights are more than others. Insist they fight ‘for the good of decency’ when they Petrol bomb a shop or put people out of work.

More love less hate :heart:

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. maybe its not just about changing minds but to grab the minds that are still open

• Funny Funny x 2
  17. Yes, just like those that force a religious or political belief on their children.

Let's say there are two parents each with opposing religious or political views - which one should 'grab the mind' of the child? For example from what I read on this site regards your politics I would say that you and I are probably on different sides of the fence in basic politics and philosophy therefore what you would try and impart to an open mind may well be different to that which I would.

In other words - it's all relative.

18. Nancy Pelosi October 1995:

"Jerusalem should remain an undivided city in which the rights of every ethnic and religious group are protected; Jerusalem should be recognized as the capital of the State of Israel; and the United States Embassy in Israel should be established in Jerusalem no later than May 31, 1999."

Nancy Pelosi December 5th 2017:

"In the absence of a negotiated settlement between Israel and the Palestinians, moving the U.S. embassy to Jerusalem now may needlessly spark mass protests, fuel tensions, and make it more difficult to reach a durable peace."

http://www.dailywire.com/news/24419/hypocrite-pelosi-condemns-trumps-jerusalem-move-hank-berrien

19. hmm, so two opinions are better than one when it comes to educating and informing?