Trump

Discussion in 'Speakers Corner' started by triari, Nov 8, 2016.

1. 92F4804B-68D2-4BB2-B767-803F7F894BC5.jpeg So that went well then.

Trump still gets the Nobel Peace Prize though surely?! Just for trying...

He said he’d know how things were going to work out within five seconds of meeting KJU, so at least this won’t come as much of a surprise.

He’s probably not even that bovvered. His adoring fans have already given him credit for achieving ‘something previous administrations couldn’t achieve’ so it’s in the bag... Who cares how things actually play out. It’s just a game, right?!

• Like Like x 1
  2. Thank god your back Dom, I thought duke was going to let the second account dry up, phew

Say what? It's finished already, it doesn't say that on your tweet you provided

Obama got one just for getting the job, so worth a shot surely?

Say whattt?, it's finished already again??? still doesn't say that on the tweet

They are at the early stage of negotiations, I think what they said was

We had anticipated the US side would come with constructive ideas... we were also thinking about reciprocal measures," the statement said.

"The trust between the DPRK and the United States is facing a dangerous situation where our resolve for denuclearize, which has been firm and steadfast, may falter."

"The attitude and stance the United States showed in the first high-level meeting (between the countries) was no doubt regrettable," the statement added.
    "The US is fatally mistaken if it went to the extent of regarding that [the DPRK] would be compelled to accept, out of its patience, demands reflecting its gangster-like mindset.

http://www.israelnationalnews.com/News/News.aspx/248572

Now forgive me Dom, but could you show me anywhere by either side where have they said the negotiations are off?

butbutbutTrumpTrumpTrumptrump

#4902 noobie, Jul 8, 2018
    Last edited: Jul 8, 2018
    • Funny Funny x 1
  3. How the last 4 Presidents spent the 4th July. :D

[​IMG]

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  4. More info on the NK / US negotiations here: https://www.bloomberg.com/amp/news/articles/2018-07-08/one-night-in-pyongyang-inside-pompeo-s-fraught-north-korea-trip

It’s not going well. Trump has succeeded in giving the NK regime legitimacy from the Singapore photo-op. But KJU made no specific commitments and is now playing hard-ball.

Trump got what HE personally wanted (much international fanfare, Fox News singing his praises about this “historic achievement”) but the actual situation has changed little, aside from the US handing the initiative to NK, and the major concession of stopping military exercises with the South.

As retired Army Gen. Barry McCaffrey, who conducted arms-control negotiations for the Joint Chiefs of Staff, told NBC News on Friday: “First of all you've got to be honest with yourself. For the president to come home and say 'the nuclear threat from North Korea is gone, you can sleep safely at night,' is an element of fantasy. So you have to have realistic, achievable, negotiating goals and deal with them from a position of strength and maintain your allies. We're doing none of that.”
    https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/na...assurances-easy-path-denuclearization-n889596

Of course, it’s not over yet - let’s see how it goes... :cool:

I suspect Trump doesn’t really even care: he’s had his glory moment and will just keep moving the news agenda on to his next batsh*t-crazy propaganda spectacle.

#4905 domRusty, Jul 8, 2018
    Last edited: Jul 9, 2018
    • Like Like x 1
  5. Is Trump really interested in curbing nuclear proliferation, or is it just grandstanding? Whatever deal is reached with NK, it’s unlikely to be much better than the Iran Nuclear Deal, which he unilaterally* pulled out of...

4F460080-8FB1-410B-83F4-57F69FC30ECA.jpeg

*which also begs the question (if you’re KJU): “why the f%ck should we trust him anyway?!”

• Useful Useful x 1
  6. The negotiations must have come to an end, though, else why are you posting in this fashion?

Surely not simply to vent your spleen over a President that you wouldn't have voted for had you been American. Or are you American? Is that why you seem upset?

I mean, the info you posted above looks like normal jockeying for position during a negotiation where neither side can be seen to back down. There is going to be a lot of tough talking and such ... but you seem aware of something the rest of us are not privy to. Wait, you're not American - you're North Korean and you have close family involved in the negotiation!

Dammit Dom, you sly dawg. Well played, well played.

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Nuke Post Nuke Post x 1
  7. I think Dom eats dogs

8. How racist!

Dom, we welcome our North Korean c̶o̶n̶q̶u̶e̶r̶o̶r̶s̶ brothers with open arms.

• Funny Funny x 1
  9. FFS noob, Dom has friends in nuclear places, show a little deference, yeah?

10. Dom's only friend is duke and I'm pretty sure duke is Russian not North Korean :D

11. Nuclear, noob. Nuclear.

12. Ugh.

Made the mistake of turning on Sky News at a point when I was unable to change channels or turn off the sound. As a result, I was exposed to a toxic level of that presumptive, condescending old trout of an ideologue, Polly Toynbee. What a disgustingly smug and superior creature. Sickening.

• Agree Agree x 2
  13. She is a hateful old hag, her colums in the Guardian are the equivalent to listening to Morrissey whilst you have the worst depression

#4914 noobie, Jul 11, 2018 at 2:59 PM
    Last edited: Jul 11, 2018 at 3:06 PM
  14. Today Trump said: "Germany is totally controlled by Russia because they will be getting from 60% to 70% of their energy from Russia, and a new pipeline, and you tell me if that's appropriate because I think it's not and I think it's a very bad thing for NATO." He also mentioned the millions the Russians are recieving from energy sales as Germany (and other EU countries) is reliant on them having scrapped coal and nuclear power "Meanwhile Nato has to spend millions to defend them (Germans) from Russians . Especially problematic as the Germans are not spending the 2%of GDP on defense though other NATO nations are and in some cases more.

The video here shows him saying this at dinner ( no pics of his burger or chicken nuggets).
    https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-44799027

It was a thought provoking, measured and entirely reasonable approach imo. The tweets later less so, but you can't have it all.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  15. He is marmite but his points were on the money

1 please mr nato protect us from the big bad russians but we don't won't to pay for it too much ourselves as America will
    2 The russians are so dangerous that we do business with them using some of the billions we should have been using for nato
    3 the other money we should be putting into nato and our own protection, is now being pumped into our own industry giving us an advantage over the countries who do pay the right amount of nato contributions

• Agree Agree x 2
  16. An obvious point but nonetheless worth mentioning is the newly revamped Russian Military is paid for in no small part by all of our countries buying gas & oil. I wonder how nations who are dominated/ occupied by Russians feel about us paying for the weapons?

17. Except, that’s not true.

About 60% of Germany’s GAS supplies are indeed from Russia. But natural gas makes up only about 20% of Germany’s ENERGY mix. So about 12% of overall energy supplies...

C’mon people. We should know by now not to take anything Trump says at face value.

And I presume if he’s now saying Russia is a threat he’ll be fully supportive of NATO and not looking to roll back sanctions on Russia? (Unlike the GOP Senators who spent 4th July in MOSCOW of all places!)

• Like Like x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  18. Its unfortunate but no one expects Trump to provide factual details. TBF Trump shares that quality with many leaders - for that matter May suffers from the same problem but she is not as rude.

Still "Don't bite the hand that feeds you" is a well known expression. A variation might be "Don't feed the hand that kills & occupies you".

• Like Like x 1
  19. Hi Duke, good to see you again :D any proof or links for that?

Although he mentions Germany directly he has also mentioned most of the eu countries are not paying the gdp but still expecting protection whilst buying oil and gas from Russia

http://ec.europa.eu/eurostat/statis...each_Member_State,_2017,_in_value_updated.png

https://www.thenational.ae/business/energy/eu-even-more-dependent-on-russian-gas-1.695131

https://oilprice.com/Energy/Crude-Oil/Europe-Becomes-Victim-of-Russias-Newest-Oil-Strategy.html

https://money.cnn.com/2018/07/11/news/economy/russian-gas-germany-trump/index.html

https://oilprice.com/Energy/Natural-Gas/Europe-Buys-More-Russian-Gas-Despite-Strained-Relations.html

What is also proven and despite the warning happened very recently, when the Ukraine didn't do as Russia told it before invading, Russia simply turned the Gas and oil off .

Europe's ever increasing reliance on on Russian gas and oil leaves them wide open to a Ukranian style blackmail. I remember on the Skripel poisoning, many european countries dependent on Russian oil and gas were very slow to support the U.K.'s stance against Russia and with the U.K. now leaving the eu, I would not surprise me if the eu start becoming even more dependent on Russian Gas and Oil

http://carnegieeurope.eu/strategiceurope/71507

#4920 noobie, Jul 11, 2018 at 11:31 PM
    Last edited: Jul 11, 2018 at 11:53 PM