Trump

Discussion in 'Speakers Corner' started by triari, Nov 8, 2016.

1. Okay, don't worry. Boris has flown over to meet Trumps people tonight

• Like Like x 1
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  2. It was particularly sickly only matched my Hugh 'I really am an actor now' Laurie

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  3. I think the awards showed hollywood, just like the democrats, are so out of touch with real people that no one cares what they think.

• Like Like x 2
  4. Just another self serving elite, shedding crocodile tears, looking down from on high. Pathetic.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. The best way to lose a vote is to get sanctimonious millionaire luvvie know-nothings to lecture the electorate. Geldof, Izzard and co, did wonders for the Leave campaign. Trump will be loving it. If Hollywood keeps mooing and flapping its limp wrists in outrage, they get him a second term before he's started his first one.

• Agree Agree x 3
  6. Woodpeckers did it. Shoot the bastards. More guns, that's the answer. Vote Trump.

7. Surely you cannot have already forgotten that the Democrats got 3 million more votes than the Republicans in the Nov 2016 election? This fact did not win the Democrats the election, as it turned out, but it means they are very far from being out of touch with the majority of the US electorate; that distinction evidently lies with the Republicans.

8. Nope Pete, I'm aware that the U.S. runs two systems at the same time but using the system that the democrats are happy to use when THEY win, they lost.

9. [​IMG]

• Like Like x 2
  10. [​IMG]

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. Will he even make it to Office?

12. Clever man is Trump.

The meeting was actually about how he distanced himself from his company. He also said he would not be releasing his tax returns despite promising to do so and mentioned 8 years later, so believing he will see out 2 full terms.

This morning however, we are talking how he snubbed the Clinton News Network.

13. It would be fantastic if he snubbed CNN and barred them from his press conferences.

14. Roman Polanski (now 83) has suffered a terrible life, being a holocaust survivor and having his family murdered by the Manson gang, and not least being treated appallingly unfairly by the US justice system; he has been persecuted vindictively for the past 40 years. In spite of all this, he has somehow achieved a stellar career as a film director including an Oscar and five Oscar nominations. People who know Polanski's history and his work have the utmost respect for him, naturally including Meryl Streep along with everybody else.

Bizarrely, this fact is cited as though it was somehow a black mark against Meryl Streep! You couldn't make it up.

15. "In 1977, after a photo shoot in Los Angeles, Polanski was arrested for the rape of 13-year-old Samantha Geimer and pleaded guilty to the charge of statutory rape. He was released from prison after serving 42 days and was told that the prosecutors had agreed to ask for him to be put on probation. When he learned that the judge planned to reject the plea bargain, he fled to Paris before sentencing." He publicly offered his apology to Geimer, telling her that he regretted the episode.

Not someone I have respect for. But I suppose we have differing heroes Pete.

• Like Like x 1
  16. [​IMG]

• Like Like x 2
  17. What a load of old tosh.

He raped a 13 year old girl, his trials in life were not a brownie points system of I get bad so I should be able to do bad as I'm owed one or two.

• Agree Agree x 2