1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

1299 Trying To Back It Into Corners Lol

Discussion in 'Panigale' started by james griffin, Jun 2, 2018.

1. First time on the 1299

last session of the day energy levels was low so just went out to mess about trying to back it in lol

My question is with engine braking system i turn it off am i right in saying having it on full will make the bike go side ways better as i was using the rear brake in the video ?

this HTML class. Value is https://m.youtube.co

2. Your link is only to Youtube bloke ??

3. Wow this YouTube’s awesome! Lots of videos of cats and people ‘failing’ at stuff in funny ways!

• Funny Funny x 1
  4. God dam youtube 2mins ill post the video again

• Funny Funny x 1
  5. Try redtube. Seen some good shit on there dude. Backing up the rear and all that.

• Funny Funny x 7
    • Face Palm Face Palm x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. think best 1 I pulled off was at 9.50 lol

got to learn somewhere I guess lol

7. How are you finding it as a track bike mate? I can't decided between one of these or an R1M for track.

8. R1M :upyeah:

• Agree Agree x 2
  9. What makes you say that?

10. It's the other way around @james griffin. With it turned off you get the 'old school' engine braking and can get the rear out by either under or over blipping. With the EBC turned up it gives it some fuel to reduce the engine braking effect on the downshift which makes it feel like a two stroke that runs into the corner more (dirtbike is the only two stroke I have experience to reference but it makes the engine feel much lighter if that makes any sense?).

For me the EBC and blipping quick shifter make the bike much less likely to be sideways and I havn't really worked out how to make it go sideways with the EBC turned on the way I like to ride it. I'm often very sideways in the R6 as it doesn't have all the electrickery and I'm spinning the rear up as I go harder into the corners but I've never really done that on the Panigale. I'd like to be able to get it sideways to help with hairpins but I dont want to turn the EBC down as I like the way it makes the engine feel so flighty.

• Like Like x 1
  11. Go to any race meet, and it’s noticeable how many now run R1s. I know a guy who raced all sorts, from a BSB spec gixer to a well built blade and a superstock built ZX10. He did a few rounds of tri options too.

Bought R1, immediately went 2sec a lap quicker than the ZX10 (which he set PBs on) and went from top 20’s to top 10. Reckons it’s just so easy to ride, forgiving, lots of straighline power, best thing he’s ridden by far. And in a season not failed to start one.

Unlike his 959 that ate a gearbox then an engine within 4 rounds....

Hearsay and observational based from me: never ridden either

• Like Like x 2
  12. Good feeback though which is what im afters, cheers

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. To be honest jumping from a gen 4 zx10 its a bit difrent brakes are better handles better but harder to get round the track av never tryed the r1 so cant comment on how good they are but i have heard nothing but good things about them another difrence is the 1299 wears a rear tyre out quicker thats for sure lol

• Like Like x 1
  14. Orite ill have to try it next time out i thought with it on number 3 it would be like jumping on the brakes so turned it off but didnt seem to bad noticed i run into corners a bit slower and i think this is down to having it off ?

15. Off I would imagine will be using the slipper a lot to reduce rear wheel locking, but lots of engine braking and less brakes.

16. So say i put engine braking on max level 3 it will lock the back wheel when smashing down the box ?

17. I don’t own one, never ridden with EbC, so do t know if it’s max or min. Think @749er msy have been messing with his today and described it as ‘riding a v twin again’. The skipper should stop it locking but it will go slower than the front, which causes it to ‘back in’

Something to try at a favourite roundabout :upyeah:

• Like Like x 1
  18. Its just track only so ill have to wait till the next track day

19. R1M
    GREAT BIKE

Do Not Sell My Personal Information