1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Trying To Trace Previous Owner Sf848

Discussion in 'Streetfighter' started by DRR117, Jul 25, 2019.

1. long shot I know but as the V5’s no longer give you previous keeper details I though I’d ask on here just in case.

I’ve bought a crash damaged Ducati 848 streetfighter in Matt black, last three on the reg is HVJ. I’m restoring the bike to her former glory to use as a commuter.

The bike was serviced and MOT’d in April at Robinsons Foundry in Canterbury Kent. Don’t suppose anyone on here is the previous owner or the previous owner? Just wanted to know if they have a spare key and handbooks as I only have the 1 key that came with the bike.

Dean

2. I part ex changed a car at a garage for a new one
    Some time after the new owner sent me a letter asking me to send the tonneau cover to them.
    That was the tonneau cover I bought myself. I ignored the cheeky barstewards. You could ask Robinson's in Kent to help you

3. The madness of GDPR!!! Utter nonsense.

You could apply to the DVLA under the banner of a private car park owner looking to get their £3 lack of ticket fine of £140 paid from a date a few months ago....pay them a couple of quid...they'll oblige then : unamused::poop:

4. Certainly is GDPR taking over. Spoke to Robinson’s and rightly so they couldn’t tell me who the previous owner was but did redact the service bills and send them over to me so I have some history with the bike. I can always get another key cut and coded.

Nothing better than buying a salvage bike and seeing the belts were done 3 months / 200 miles ago. Result! (For me, not the poor bugger who paid for the work and then dropped it mind)

5. Mate using a streetfighter as a commuter is going to be fun....

So long as pain is your thing

6. Not that bad to ride ?

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. Well it may be an age related thing but around town it's terrifying. The clutch is heavy and as my dad would say

It wants to go.... Fast.

If your commute is on flowing roads then fill your boots but my SFS would not be my first choice if your in busy traffic

Oh and it wants to go fast all the time...

The drivetrain has a real sweet spot at approx 93 mph.... Your honour...

Have I said it just wants to go fast

8. Went for the 848 specifically so it’ll be easier around town than the 1098 as Ive had one of them before and it wasn’t the ideal commuter.

Although I do like pain, my R1M is not a city bike and now the Mrs has done her CBT there is nothing worse than sitting behind a learning for 25 miles at 30mph on a 190bhp superbike that’s cooking parts of your anatomy you would prefer to keep cool.

Got some work to do before I can get her out but I can’t wait!

• Like Like x 1
  9. 848 is fine :upyeah: the 1098SF wants to go I fully agree but it’s a lot better to ride in traffic that a normal 1098, you can even see over some cars

• Like Like x 1
  10. Aye thats true..... but Jeez its wants to go fast :):):):)

11. Try a Pani R :joy:

12. I just bought a SF848 for two reasons. Comfort; and to slow me down.

And it’s genuinely working a treat :) It’s all relative.

• Like Like x 1
  13. Thats my old bike!!!

_DSC0042.jpeg

• Like Like x 2
    • Face Palm Face Palm x 1
  14. That’s the bike! Looks much better there than she does at the minute mind.

15. I use an hyper 1100evo sp with a full race system 40% of my commuting time....the way i see it is why would i commute on a piece of shit....a road is a road no matter where its going, may as well enjoy it... :)

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. Well when i sold the bike (must be 4yrs ago maybe) she was in perfect condition, a very well looked after bike which i had "tricked" up slightly however i remember that the guy who brought it seemed a little bit of a novice rider.. i do remember feeling slightly nervous as he rode away.

loved that bike, would have another in a heart beat, but i now have a tuono factory which would make the sf848 seem a little tame.

Greg

#17 gregsf848, Jul 26, 2019
    Last edited: Jul 26, 2019
    • Like Like x 1
  17. Some pics....in its prime

i hope you can get her back to her former glory.

_DSC0034.jpeg

_DSC0006.jpeg

_DSC0017.jpeg

_DSC0015.jpeg

_DSC0019.jpeg

_DSC0011.jpeg

_DSC0007.jpeg

IMG_3282.jpg

colour popped bike.jpeg

_DSC0013.jpeg

• Like Like x 1
  18. glad to hear that dean, when i brought it she had only had around 200 miles and was completely standard...i upgraded some bits went to france for a mini trip, came back...wanted something more comfy, so then brought a multistrada s dvt for a tour around france/italy came back wanted something a bit 'shit yer pants' hence now have a tuono factory and the love affair continues, but i will always love ducati's hence why I'm still on here with these losers.....

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Love You Love You x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information