1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Trying To Track Down My Old 851/888 Hybrid

Discussion in '851 / 888' started by emsquared, Sep 10, 2017.

1. Anyone here come across a bike with the registration G720OYD?
    Started life as a 851 Biposto but then evolved. 888 SP3 motor, ex-race forks (Ohlins), carbon fibre fairing and seat, Marchesini forged magnesium wheels, small rear disc, Skorpion (fore runner of Akrapovic) 'nest of vipers' system, relocated ignition switch (right hand side of frame).
    Who knows, maybe it'll be up for sale again some day.
    Cheers.

2. Been doing this for my dad for a old car he use to have,
    So heres a bit of info, looks like its just been MOT'd but still recorded as sorned. Anyone know how to locate a area from the test number as I've read its just a certificate number not a actual Mot centre number.

Stu.

Screen Shot 2017-09-10 at 17.54.55.png Screen Shot 2017-09-10 at 17.55.25.png

3. Thanks for the info Stu. 40 miles in 9 years! Maybe some more pointers will come my way.

Cheers,

Martin.

• Like Like x 1
  4. I know what your going through, been trying to locate my old 851 reg no H348ATY for years now, it shows up on the Gov/MOT site as SORN. Would love to get it back, did 50,000 miles on it in five years.

5. I feel a friends re-united site for vehicles being formed.
    Any takers?

• Like Like x 1
  6. Showing as being insured as an 888
    https://ownvehicle.askmid.com/

7. Thanks for the info - sorry for the late reply. I was having a MOT test done the other day and asked the tester whether it was possible to track down the test centre from the certificate number but he said that he didn't know if it was possible. Oh well, keep searching.

8. I am sure the new mot checks online now show the mot station details

9. I checked a vehicle a couple of weeks back and it showed the garage on ukgov mot history check.

Looks like it has been suspended about giving the garage details now

10. Sound like it was a real nice looking bike.
    Any picture off it?

Henk!!!

11. I'll check.

Do Not Sell My Personal Information