1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

1098 Tuning Benefiets

Discussion in '848 / 1098 / 1198' started by Boukekoppejan, Feb 12, 2018.

1. Hi Guys,

How are you doing today?

I’am looking for some craZy stuff for my bike. I’am looking for a evr Carbon airbox, can maybe somebody tell me the benefiets of this Carbon airbox? What is the expected increase of horsepower? And i’am looking for Some 1098r camshaft, does this fits without any big adjustments and What are the benefits?

Thanks!!

2. #2 andyb, Feb 12, 2018
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 13, 2018
  3. The EVR airbox as nice as it is will only give you around 2bhp that’s after you have had your Ecu remapped and the bike set up properly on a dyno.
    Ok if your a Superbike team looking for every last bit but for a Street bike, mmm

Not sure about the fitment of the camshaft would imagine that’s a whole new can of worms lol

4. Hi!

Many Thanks for you reply’s. Ok so 1500 euro for 2bhp is then a litle bit stupid. What can i expect if i buy and instal the 1098r parts? I have now with a 1198 engine 178bhp on the rear wheel with 142nm of torque

5. the 1098r cams will improve performance and drop straight in with the necessary valve clearance done. you'll also need to get some head work done to get the full benefit from the cams.

ideally with the R crank you'll need R rods and lightened hc pistal pistons.......it never ends

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. Sell your bike and buy a 1098r. :D

#6 cookster, Feb 13, 2018
    Last edited: Feb 13, 2018
    • Agree Agree x 1
  7. sell your bike and get a V4 base, 30hp increase straight off!, downside it don't look as good ;)

• Agree Agree x 2
  8. No man, to sell the bike that is too easy! I love this bike and I like to do something what others don't:)

• Like Like x 3
  9. Why don't you blue print your engine?? Gas flow the heads, lighten and balance the crank and rods, use all your original parts but just make it the best it can be, I've just done it to a 996 sps engine.

10. Or send it Biggelaar they are in Holland......

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  11. Have you got carbon wheels yet? May not add more power but any weight saving there is magnified

Do Not Sell My Personal Information