1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Tuono V4 Factory

Discussion in 'Other Bikes' started by rdryder, Nov 21, 2020.

1. Looking to get a 2019 tuono factory, any one own one that could highlight any reliability issues if any ,or things that I should look out for when buying .

Had a test ride on this years model and it lived up to all the reviews:cool:
    Thanks in advance

2. Look out for...petrol stations!

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  3. Agreed, spirited riding results in 90 miles on a tank before you’re fretting for a fuel station. My bud has a Tuono factory, it annoys the hell out of him that he has to always plan a route around fuel stops as he mostly rides rural Wales.

His other annoyance is the lack of dealer network, but he did after all pick a niche brand.

• Like Like x 1
  4. There was a recall for brake pads si make sure this has been done. And the battery must be on a trickle charger otherwise it goes flat quickly. Otherwise enjoy.
    I also believe you can extend the warranty when the original runs out.

• Like Like x 1
  5. My youngest bro has one, it’s the second one he’s had, which says something. Great fun to ride, the 2019 needs to be ridden higher up the rev range than the previous model.

When I rode it I thought it was a hoot. Loved the up and down quickshifter.
    As for tank range, he rides it down to Malaga and back and I’ve never heard him complain about it.
    His thinking is after doing a tank full it’s good to have a little break anyway. I noticed consumption is not much worse than a Panigale 1199. Enjoy.

• Like Like x 1
  6. According to mcn and neevseys long term updates the SF V4 also drinks fuel doesn't it?

I'm sure it's averaging about 80/90 Miles at best, and I might be wrong but I'm sure he got that down to either 40 or 60 Miles on a track day o_O

Best tank range I've had from a proper super naked is the Ktm superduke, easily 125 Miles to 150 depending on ham fistedness :upyeah:

• Like Like x 1
  7. Used to have a 2018 Tuono Factory and racked up 10000 miles in 18 months. Went from a 1299 to it and I’d say it’s one of the best bikes I’ve owned. Did a few Euro trips to Austrian Motogp, Mugello and Grenoble. Was never the first to need petrol that was usually the V4 Panigale or Hypermotard. With normal road riding your looking at 100-120 before hitting reserve.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Thanks for replies lads, yeah I,m aware of fuel range. To be fair its not far off mileage I,ve got from 1098 I used to own. Its a compromise I,m willing to make.
    Good to know about brake pads and battery,thanks.
    Plan to take the plunge early new year, will see how vat works out with brexit, might have few months grace with vat, give me time to source one in UK.
    They,re thin on the ground here at the moment.
    Hopefully things will improve with corona and get to do euro trip next year:upyeah:

• Like Like x 1
  9. Factory v4 was on my list along with MT10, another Father Jack character. Went with a Monster R. Might not be much better.

• Like Like x 1
    • Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  11. I’m gonna have to buy one of these next year as well, I’ve test ridden them twice ( 2018 and 2019 models) and almost, ..almost bought the 2019 with the electronic Öhlins suspension...
    The only thing that decided me against it at the time was the fact that you can’t change the suspension mode on the fly, ..why the hell not??
    Surely it must have been easy enough to link the suspension mode into the relevant engine mode, so that when you change the engine mode with the starter button it also selects the suspension mode to match?

You can change the suspension damping modes on BMWs on the fly, so why not with the Aprilia??

I hope they do the facelift on the Tuono next year with the front end and LED headlights like the new 660 and the new colour dash , a little bit of thought and it could be a fantastic bike and please Aprilia,..don’t paint the new ones Matt black!....dull as dishwater!!

Loved the V4 engine though, gives the bike a fantastic character and just oozes grunt everywhere in the Rev range, also has the best awesome sound of any bike!

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. Your correct, the two things that annoy me about the bike are the twitchy throttle (cured with an O ring), and aving to stop to change the suspension settings which I have just had to live with.

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. They are not that bad in the real world, I did the NC500 this year and managed an arse twitching 119 miles in one stint between fill ups.

• Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  14. Highly recommended, I had a 2016 and a 2018 Tuono Factory. Great bikes, neither of them missed a beat in approx 6000miles on each one.
    Yeah ok, initially I was a bit worried about reliability and dealer network but really is nothing to be concerned about. Ref. the above comments about tank range, yes it's true you'll need to be aware of filling stations but don't let that put you off, they're great fun.

• Like Like x 1
  15. Love my 2016, took it down to Switzerland in July, first trip abroad on it, surprising how comfortable it is, yeh you have to plan your tank up's but it was no worse then my 1199 Pani, and the garmin does it for you now anyhow,

switzerland trip.jpg

• Like Like x 1
  16. If anyone does plan on touring the Factory then invest in the Hepco and Becker plate, got mine on ebay when it was on special offer, worth every penny, swit trip.jpg

• Like Like x 1
  17. Looks savage
    Silver with black wheels best combo:upyeah:

18. Wheels are Aprilia RSV4 forged, originals in the loft :upyeah:

19. I still love my 2016 factory, I feel bad letting it sit due to lack of time to ride it. The 2019 is a real upgrade so congrats lad.
    I would love to rip around the west of Ireland on one.

20. my 2020 love it

thumbnail_IMG_0129.jpg

• Like Like x 2
Do Not Sell My Personal Information