1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Turkey Or Beef?

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by RickyX, Dec 25, 2018.

1. As above, or something else?

Bloke cooking or letting the partner do it all?

I’m doing a beef joint and a Spanish pork joint with garlic and fennel..

Already on the “chef’s tipple” to assist with culinary creativity!

Merry Christmas!

• Like Like x 1
  2. Scallops for starters, turkey crown with all the trimmings, and home made semi fredo for dessert. Mmmmmm

• Like Like x 2
  3. Home made Asian cured salmon, roast rib of beef that was nearly still mooing and Christmas pudding with clotted cream. Yum, yum :yum Andy

• Like Like x 1
  4. Just had my Christmas dinner - turkey. Very nice it was too. Andy always cooks it, and I'm very happy to let him, especially as he does really nice roast potatoes! It was washed down with cava, which appears to have become a regular Christmas present from my sister and her Catalan husband. The only year I've ever cooked Christmas dinner was when Andy had flu at Christmas.

If I get peckish later, I'll either have mince pies or some baklava my mum gave me, knowing that I don't like Christmas pud!

• Like Like x 1
  5. Electricity would be a good start, power outages on a farm are the usual winter phenomena. Might have to get the genie going & I only checked it was tip top four or so weeks ago.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Turkey, a Mary Berry take on a turkey crown, and the usual stuff...although home grown, homemade parsnip and Bradley appie soup was a nice change

No desert, never have it.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Lobster Thermidor to start and then Medium Roast Rib of Beef with all the trimmings... Great job by the chefs out here this year!

Seafood extravaganza tomorrow too :yum

• Like Like x 2
  8. Prawn cocktail
    Goose
    Trifle

• Like Like x 1
  9. Turkey everytime with christmas pud/home made mince pies and washed down with wine:upyeah:

• Like Like x 1
  10. Fresh West Cork Lobster to start, then turkey crown, pigs in blankets, honey & ginger roasted carrots & parsnips, duck fat roasted potatoes (except for SWMBO’s which were done in veg oil as she’s vegetarian), stuffing, garlic roasted sprouts, beautiful Irish cheeses, home made Yule log, Champagne, Chablis 1er Cru and Chateau Longueville- Baron Bordeaux, just finishing off with port & brandy whilst everyone else is asleep on the sofa around me. Merry Xmas.

#11 West Cork Paul, Dec 25, 2018
    Last edited: Dec 25, 2018
    • Like Like x 2
  11. Today was the first time,ever,that I didnt have turkey.Had chicken and gammon,too much as usual.Hope all went well for all on here.If only I could manage one more bit of choccie.........oh,go on then.

• Like Like x 2
  12. Dodged the Czech Carp and had turkey and beef, but it was yesterday, you’re all a day late

We also had Paxo and Yorkshire puddings which are a rarity in Kromeriz

• Like Like x 1
  13. We’ve just finished our christmas dinner, ham (proper joint one none of your cheap processed shit for us) egg chips and beans. Second year we’ve done it now, far more relaxing than spending hours and money on something that becomes a chore and possibly a disappointment.

• Like Like x 2
  14. Tbf your ham joint probably cost more than most entire lunch ;)

15. Shepherds pie

• Like Like x 2
  16. Sirloin steak... my mates mum invited me over to cook.. unfortunately she started the veg before I arrived ... I never knew you could roast peas... turns out you can't really...
    Things went ok, the peas and cherry toms she put in with the spuds and carrots about an hour before I got there had pretty much turned to charcoal but the rest was good...

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information