1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

1200 DVT Turning Down The Dash Brightness

Discussion in 'Multistrada' started by Jackstraw, Nov 9, 2017.

Tags:
  1. Just getting back onto my multi (2015 DVT 1200S) having had a 7 week break from fracturing a finger and my first ride was at night down some dark country lanes.
    The lights on the bike are just awesome, so much better then the 'candle in a bog roll' lights I have had in the past. What I did notice was how bright the dash is, even more so because it was reflecting off the inside of the screen and I found it quite distracting
    I have already set it so it is permanently on night setting, but this was just because I like the look of the black dash but even night setting is very bright.
    Is there a way of turning down the brightness at all
    Thanks

2. Not been funny but you could add a layer of tinted window wrap. Get a clear dash protector & glue on some tint or use soapy method to apply it. But from the manuals stand-point there is no user ability to change settings that I've found other than what you've stated.

3. You want distracting, try the dash on the KTM 1290 SuperDuke. It changes between Day/night mode every time you go under a shady tree.

As above though, tinted film would work as well as giving protection against the much complained about scratches.

4. Yes even on dark setting it's bright, and as mentioned, it's bright twice due to the reflection. Tinted film suggestion is perfect.
    There's so much potential for a tft screen. aside from a brightness control maybe a sweeping gauge style theme, maybe some color . Right now the daytime screen looks like my phone bill

5. Hi I have a Multistrada Enduro DVT 2016. Did anyone find out if the dash lights can be turned down as mine are way to bright at night & I need to do something about it as it is dangerous

6. On the 1260 there is an adjustment in the menu.

7. It can be set in the menu for day/night/auto. Dont think there is adjustment for the brightness but i may be wrong. Check its set to auto, it changes dependant on outside light so will change if you're in a tunnel. Can't say I've had a problem. It could have been changed by a previous owner.

8. Thanks, but Yes i have it on auto & the white figures of the speed are still way to blinding at night, but i can't find any way of changing the brightness,

9. No, I've looked through the manual and can't see anything either.

Do Not Sell My Personal Information