1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Twenty One Years Ago.....

Discussion in 'Supersport (1974-2007)' started by doggy, Mar 18, 2020.

1. [​IMG]
    Twenty one years ago i passed my motorcycle test . My First bike was a Ducati 600SS, I got it from a guy in Barnes London . The Moment he pulled the cover off it and started it up, I was buying it know matter what!. It was a red noisy Ducati! .
    I had it for a couple of years and made some great memories on it . Going to the Manx TT with my dad and my first ride on a track at Mallory park at the festival of a thousand bikes.
    Nothing is forever, and I sold it for a VTR 1000 firestorm...... .

Anyway, our very own monster owner Albie posted a pic of a 600ss he once owned on facebook . It was only my old bike!! .He had moved it on years ago to a fellow ducati man, who had then sold it on to our club member Liz Evans! . I contacted Liz a few months ago asking if she still had it, and yes she did!
    Well twenty years on and she's back home!, she looks just as good as the day she went, if not even better . Yes it feels very slow and has no brakes, but I really enjoyed my first 50 mile ride on her again. Happy days.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 55
  2. Very cool!

3. vv, cool.

4. Always nice to be reacquainted with a old blast from the past,happy riding for 2020.:upyeah:

5. what a lovely story

• Agree Agree x 2
  6. vvvv coool!
    and a good read.

7. I sometime wonder what happened to my 1st Ducati. :thinkingface:

sps1.JPG

sps2.JPG

sps4.JPG

sps5.JPG

Looking at the MOT history, there is no record of it and I fear it's long gone. :confused:

Screenshot 2020-03-18 at 20.44.32.png

• Like Like x 2
    • Face Palm Face Palm x 1
  8. :cold_sweat:

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. A lad called Andy from here had my first ducati.

10. 22 years ago I bought my first Ducati
    I still have it

20180806_131212.jpg

• Like Like x 10
  11. stunning

12. Great story! My first Ducati was a 750ss (9 years ago)
    X417OJO - Just checked and MOT expired 5 years ago :(

199555_10150491320960321_5626101_n.jpg

13. I love the story, and I doubt very much that there is another bike brand out there where this kind of thing would happen. Amazing

• Like Like x 1
  14. Never mind that, what about the bin? :heart_eyes:

15. The bin is in the process of becoming part of the garden cooking furniture. A Tandoor but things keep getting in the way. I've been on the forum long enough to know bins have to be in the picture it was the easiest one to move

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Love You Love You x 1
  16. I'm sure my dads Honda C50 stepthrough is out there somewhere

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  17. I sold my 996R in 2003 ish. Came across it again, in the same shop I sold it to, last summer. It had done about 1500 miles
    with one owner in all that time. After getting home I decided to buy it again, but wasn't quick enough and it had already
    gone.

You snooze you lose. Wish I had just put a deposit down before leaving the shop.

18. I also have a Honda Dax which I've owned for 40+ years

Do Not Sell My Personal Information