1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Twitter Trump

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by bradders, Dec 22, 2016.

1. Needs a thread of his own.

As he seems destined to run his Presidential office via twatter, here's a good starter for 10...making clear his intent as to where he will spend the tax dollars he doesn't collect and who he will support with jobs as well as what he thinks of US vs the rest of the world (who simply aren't doing what they are told!)

Screen Shot 2016-12-22 at 22.28.33.png

Donald Trump: US must greatly expand nuclear capabilities - BBC News

2. are we on the eve of destruction?

3. No, nearly the Eve of Chrimbo :)

4. *shakes head*

• Agree Agree x 2
  5. tbh id prefer global destruction...
    trump will probably nuke the north pole to stop that Santa entering the US without a visa

• Like Like x 2
  6. At last. Some coherent foreign policy from the US.

• Funny Funny x 3
  7. probably as close a ya gunna get with that bumbling fool at the helm.

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. Chiz, you are president elect :Wideyed: you kept that quiet :Shifty:

9. be grateful I'm not or York would be first on the list.

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Love You Love You x 1
  10. then the whole of wales hopefully chiz??

11. Unfortunately Putin had already announced his intention to expand Russia's nuclear arsenal before Trump started tweeting and he would have done it anyway whoever had been elected US president.
    If there is another nuclear arms race it will be due to the years of inaction by the free world in the face of Russian expansionism. A total foreign policy vacuum under Obama has done serious damage to world stability.
    How Trump responds to a belligerent and expansionist Russia will be interesting. He may have a positive influence, he may make things worse, but as things stand right now he isn't the cause of it. Its Trump's ineffectual predecessor and his vainglorious world-government friends in Europe we have to thank for that.

• Agree Agree x 3
  12. from 2002
    [​IMG]
    due to the nature of our press i am unfortunately in a position to give Russia the benefit of the doubt

• Like Like x 2
  13. He couldn't. Coke would have a word ;)

• Funny Funny x 1
  14. Obama had already declared they needed smaller improved nuclear weapons. It's the tweet thing I'm bringing up here :)

15. maybe gives us a wee insight on his state of mind. like we really needed another.

16. Who cares if anyone has 1000 nukes or 3000. Makes no difference.

• Agree Agree x 1
  17. but what it does tho, is put a hell of a lot of money in to just a few hands. subsides to the tune of 8mill a job in trident if i mind right.

18. The problem with this is that back at the height of the cold war there was a debate about strategic vs tactical (battlefield) nuclear weapons and there was the belief amongst some that tactical nuclear weapons made a war winnable. However when war games were conducted the use of tactical nuclear weapons always resulted in an escalation to a full nuclear exchange.

Therefore systems like Trident provide a stabilising deterrent based upon Mutually Assured Destruction and tactical nuclear weapons are destabilising and extremely dangerous.

• Agree Agree x 1
  19. A large number of ordinary people believe that Twitter, Facebook etc are news sources, the best way of disseminating knowledge and also the best way of communicating with both individuals and with groups.

Trump is merely tapping into "the new reality".

• Agree Agree x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information