1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Two More Years Of The Doctor

Discussion in 'Racing & Bike Sport' started by Cream_Revenge, Mar 15, 2018.

1. it's good for the sport and him,he's up there with the top boy's and Why Not:upyeah::)

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. Your kind of "used to him being there" so yeah - great for another couple of years...

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  3. Called the GOAT for a reason and proves time and again he is competitive still:upyeah:.

Do wonder if teams could be a bit braver though...factory ride for Zarco for example?

• Agree Agree x 2
  4. Zarco will get his ride sooner or later if he keep's up the good Work:thinkingface:

5. Just watched the last race of last season and Jules was talking about Marquez saying that the only two other riders he had seen with a similar level of talent were Spencer and Stoner.
    No mention of Rossi which I thought was strange.

6. it's all about mind games with these Guy's:upyeah:

7. Think of the money Rossi pulls in though. :cool:

• Agree Agree x 2
  8. He's good for the sport, so good that he's still in it imo. He's obviously still hungry for it.

I thought Doohan was the best I saw and his record was incredible. Interestingly, in Doohan's book, he said the only person that was ever faster than him throughout his career was Schwantz, when he was in the right frame of mind. :)

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. Loved watching Schwantz (and Rainey) and Doohan. Defo one of the greatest images in racing was Doohan drifting the NSR Honda!

Mick.jpg

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 2
  10. Iv that framed on my wall...honda released it foc .

• Like Like x 1
  11. All hail the GOAT!

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  12. Can't be the greatest of all time if you've never won a TT - the REAL greatest of all time is (obviously) Mike Hailwood.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  13. Yes good news, (but not keen on his new crash helmet design)

14. Personally I would have loved to see Rossi in wsbk, I'm not sure why he wants to keep going in moto gp as I think he cannot ever win what he wants to win again, I do think he could be more competitive in super bike...he has enough money for a small city to prosper on so why? after the wall went up in the garage I lost respect for him....great rider no doubt, as a person not my cup of tea at all.

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  15. And wearing the number "1" like a champion should. He did this in all of his years as champion. :upyeah:

You bust your hump all year to win the ultimate accolade, then wear your "regular" number the next year as reigning champion, presumably to maximize your income stream through your brand and merchandising. :rolleyes:

I'm sure Dani, Cal or Dovi would wear a "1" with pride if they had earned the right. Nicky did it. Jorge did it once iirc (quite cleverly with his initials too), then wore the "99" as champion in recent years. Stoner wore the "1" but with a little "27" in the corner. :) Marquez has followed Rossi and kept his regular number "93". :(

I'm not sure Barry Sheene ever wore "1" as champ. But that's OK as that was Barry Sheene and his "7" was cool. :heart: :D

upload_2018-3-16_7-15-14.png

upload_2018-3-16_7-19-17.png

upload_2018-3-16_7-26-11.png

upload_2018-3-16_7-15-41.png

upload_2018-3-16_7-23-44.png

• Like Like x 2
  16. You can't pin that accolade on one rider in motorcycling history as there has been so many Great's over the year's from different decade's they all deserve a mention,,me think's:thinkingface:

• Agree Agree x 1
  17. I agree. Here is a mention for John Surtees

• Agree Agree x 1
  18. That Rossi's a scamp, isn't he. :thinkingface:

"10 riders in contention" and not a mention of 5 times World Champion, Jorge. :) C'mon Gorgeous George, show him a clean pair of heels. :grinning:

upload_2018-3-16_10-26-6.png
    upload_2018-3-16_10-26-48.png

:imp:

upload_2018-3-16_10-28-41.png

19. Thats because everyone know's Jorge is a knob :p

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information