1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

1200 Two Questions

Discussion in 'Multistrada' started by Andrew Graham, Dec 20, 2021.

1. Hi, recently purchased a 2013 Multi S model, I have two questions -

First is - bike has 24k miles, as backed up by MOT history. I disconnected the battery to fit a battery conditioner lead and on reconnecting, the dash now shows 40k..... Any ideas....?

Also, it has a full Termi system with decat and is too loud, any experience of fitting an Arrow or Akrapovic end can or do I need to find an original CAT?

Thank you in advance!

2. I have a new, original cat box from a 2011 model (the actual silencer) Pretty sure it fits your model.
    Pm if interested.

• Like Like x 1
  3. ANy power interruption to the ECU will default the units to kilometres / kph, so you'll have to change the units back to miles / mph. The procedure for this on 2010-2014 models is: upload_2021-12-20_9-15-9.png
    upload_2021-12-20_9-15-48.png
    upload_2021-12-20_9-15-59.png

It's worth noting that when you change the units it will zero trip 1 and trip 2.

• Like Like x 5
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. This is a particularly annoying shortcoming on not only the Multistrada but was the same on my MV Turismo I had previously. Quite why they can't apply a conversion and save the distance travelled in the new units? This on a continent crossing sports tourer is an oversight by the programmers. Rather than having to change units before leaving home to avoid having a trip total cancelled at the ferry/chunnel crossing both on outward and return journey. OK, maybe just an issue for us Brits crossing to Europe, and the few Europeans these days going in the opposite direction, though can't be that hard surely?

• Agree Agree x 2
  5. Maybe Ducati have fixed this problem on the Multistrada V4 ?

6. Your dash has reset to kilometers, no biggy and easy to resolve. I have an Arrow decat system and it's fine. Andy

• Like Like x 1
  7. I don't recall the Termi decat setup being significantly louder than the same decat with Arrow or SC project. Is it missing it's baffle?

The original cat + slipon will be quieter than any decat setup.

If you have a full length termi decat then I don't think you can use the downpipes with an Arrow slip on as the headers are wider and this would continue to can.

• Like Like x 1
  8. A baffle will help a bit if you've not already got one, it's still a little obnoxious even with the baffle but it does tone it down.

• Like Like x 1
  9. A look at the MOT history will show its mileage. Have you checked its not gone from miles to kilometers.

• Like Like x 1
  10. I’m sure somebody here would be delighted to swap you for a standard exhaust set up.

(Or buy a standard and advertise it for sale on here, it should sell pretty fast.)

• Like Like x 1
  11. I would. :) I have both a Standard and a SC Project decat sitting on the shelf. I'd swap either/both for a full termi.

12. Miles VS kilometres, as mentioned by steveb123

Swapping full Termignoni system you have to be ready to change ECU, as far as full Termi comes with it. Otherwise termignoni upmap model could help you to deal with new silencer (with cat ot without), but without swapping ECU.
    Also you should have different rear foot peg mount as far as yours is different from stock 82411692AB 'coz additional mounting point for long termignoni can.
    Probably you have to check exup functionality and wire availability ;) as far as stock ECU would like to ask for this part.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  13. Thank you for your reply. Having ridden it again today, the Termi system has to go. If I am not able to find a way to quieten it down, its up for sale!

14. Do you know how I could deal with the ECU if I swap the system back to a CAT?

15. You could check ECU model at your local Ducati dealer or termignoni upmap

16. I absolutely love the sound of my 1260 with the full termi!

17. Me too!!!

• Like Like x 1
  18. So you think I would have to buy the Upmap to program it?

19. It's easier to make some adjustment with upmap than find standard ECU. Anyway better to check your actual ECU 1st with DDS tool.

20. I would be calling Moto Rapido (or another dealer with the equipment depending where you are) and seeing if they would map it back to stock.

It would run a bit rich until you got that done and I think long term that would damage the cat.

Do Not Sell My Personal Information