1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

1299 Typical Age Of A Panigale Rider

Discussion in 'Panigale' started by DiBianchi, Jul 31, 2017.

1. Just out of curiosity, does anyone have a rough idea of the typical age of a Ducati Panigale rider ?

I'm 62 and riding a 1299. Is that too old ?

I don't see personally why it should be. But most "non motorcyclists" I speak to think it is. I'm not ready for a scooter quite yet. I've been riding motorcycles since I was 15, and non-stop.

• Like Like x 4
  2. Yeah you should be dead by now.

• Funny Funny x 9
    • Like Like x 1
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
  3. I'm 54 and commute all year round. In the summer on the pani.

I have ridden since before I was allowed too, as it didn't matter so much back then :)

Every few years bikes take a leap forward in horse power, and every time I think wow 100hp thats way too much and then just get used to it.

Amazed I have survived, although spent several long stretches in hospital and got a few pins and plates.

I do Brands Hatch GP Circuit in 1.36 on road tyres, so think I do the Pani justice!!

• Like Like x 4
  4. An 86 year old friend of mine rides a BMW1000RR and a Manx Norton regularly.He did,however,give up track days when he turned 84.If you have good Genes anything is possible.

• Like Like x 5
  5. If you don't think it's too old, then it isn't!

• Like Like x 3
  6. Mental age about 12.

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  7. Having ridden motorcycles since you were 15, why now should other peoples' opinions matter to you ? Your body will tell you when it's time to look at an alternative to a sports bike. Andy

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  8. You're too old for it.

:motorcycleduc:: unamused::confounded::upyeah:

9. 50 and been riding bikes on the road since 1984.

• Like Like x 1
  10. So you will completely ignore what your body is telling you-and go out and buy the most outrageously expensive road going missile you can find.:)

• Funny Funny x 1
  11. I'll bring the average down a touch, 1299S owner, 35 years old and been riding 10 years.

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  12. Don't know what you mean Mervyn :upyeah:. Andy

• Like Like x 1
  13. 34 going on 16 and got 1198 and 996sps+ the jap stuff.

14. 29. Only been riding about 4 years.

15. 47 and own a Multistrada. Too old for all that sports bike nonsense....;)

• WTF WTF x 1
  16. 58 and no sign of quitting sports bikes any time soon.

• Like Like x 4
  17. no, theyre going to have to peel me off sportsbikes when the time finally comes sounds like youre in the same boat

18. sounds like i am to young for sports bikes

• Face Palm Face Palm x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information