1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Tyre Dilemma Mixing Or Not

Discussion in 'Hypermotard' started by Felstmiester, Jun 16, 2022.

1. Thought I’d post here rather than in general as I guess it’s hyper related due to weight etc. my 1100 was fitted with Diablo’s when purchased. The front was on the limit so I had a Diablo 2 fitted last year. Now the rear is up for renewal I’m considering a supercorsa. I’ve had a search and a few threads are all for the mixing when kept within the same brand. I also know mixing tyres has been done for some of the super bike big boys.
    But due to my riding is going to be shitty roads in the uk I’m looking for feedback for the hyper 1100.

2. Supercorsa is a softer tyre and likely to have more grip than the Diablo. Problem there is you could end up pushing the front beyond its grip. My preference is to not mix different compounds. Andy

• Agree Agree x 2
  3. I'd do it. I don't ride anywhere close to the tire limits on public roads (anymore).

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. Yes this is the reason I’m on the fence about it

5. I’d mix within a brand, however I’d pop another rear on of the Diablo on your hyper. I liked the Diablos I had on my KTM 790, but have now swapped to my ‘free’ Road 5’s.

6. As long as the front is stickier than the rear, it's fine.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  7. Some say this is a big deal. I don’t know.

I’ve run all sorts. Even run cuts the wrong way round and the wheels lol. Never noticed a difference tbh.

On the limit you would maybe notice something. On the road? Maybe I’m just numb of feel

8. I'd do it. I have an ex trackday SC1 Supercorsa front and a Diblo rear on my Monster 1100..

9. Stickier front than rear, acceptable IME. Andy

10. I would not consider mixing tyres on my car, and there is a lot more leeway.
    Although we do not generally push our tyres to anywhere near 100%.
    Why take the risk to save a few pounds.

11. I eat houmous when it's past its use by date.

• Funny Funny x 4
  12. Road, no problem. Track, I have experienced grippy Superbike slick pushing not so grippy trackday type slick front and crashed. So that is a no from me nowadays.

But even the pros do it, slick rear, inter front etc.

13. Thats where you’re getting regular code Brown’s from…:poop::poop::poop::poop:

• Funny Funny x 1
  14. Think I’ll go with a matching Diablo on the rear then rather than go sticky on rear but not front. The Diablo on the rear has been fine up until now. Think I just wanted to get a supercorsa hoping it would get nice n hot and ball up so I can show off lol

Do Not Sell My Personal Information