1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Tyre Help In Portsmouth For Multi

Discussion in 'Tyres' started by Firebladeboy, May 27, 2019.

1. Hi All,

Picked up a nail in the rear tyre in Santander and now arriving at Portsmouth.

Patched hole with emergency repair kit but don’t fancy a ride to Wales with “liquorice stick” type repair. Where can I get either a) A proper Mushroom type repair done or b) A new Multi front and rear (front was knackered anyway) as close to Portsmouth as possible??

Thanks in advance!

FBB

2. Thread moved

3. Google Pompey Tyres, ride in rode out (or used to be, years ago)

4. Thanks! Will do!

5. Nope! Said he would only fix it if loose wheel. :-( Moto Rapido isn't TOO far away in Winchester I suppose...Wish me luck! :)

6. ....Seems like Russ's Motorcycle Tyres are the boys I need. Thanks to Mospeed Portsmouth for pointing me in the right direction! :)

• Like Like x 2
  7. Update: Two Michelin Pilot 4's and I'm off again. Great service at Russ's and not an air-hammer in sight. Patience and gentle persuasion used to free all stubborn nuts, including the big bugger holding the wheel on! Recommended for anyone in the Portsmouth area!

• Like Like x 3
    • Useful Useful x 1
  8. Invest in a stop-n-go kit & mini compressor from nippy-normans??!?!?

9. Yeah, I had the Stop N Go kit and it did the trick well enough to get me onto the ferry, to my hotel in Portsmouth and to two tyre places. I just didn't trust that type of repair (those little liquorice-stick type plugs) to ride for 3 hours down to Wales, at motorway speeds. COULD have made it maybe but didn't fancy it going flat again on the M4!

• Useful Useful x 1
  10. Good stuff, I've repaired loads of tires & kept them till they've hit the minimum mark. I won't go much over triple figures on repaired/punctured tyres.

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. Really? With those sticky stick type repairs or with proper Mushroom repairs? I trusty the latter - the former, not so much!

12. yes here is two links, the tire plugger / stop n go kit

Both kits are from the same company commonly called stop-n-go. I know the horrible american kit you're on about. But prefer the mushroom kits these two have. Which are a biker shop repair comparable piece of kit.

13. Tyre plugs, if fitted and holding properly, will wear out along with the tyre. I know people who have done 5k miles and flat out 130mph no problem :upyeah:

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. edit: in the centre patch, not towards edge or side wall.

• Useful Useful x 1
  15. Ah that makes more sense. Weird as my Stop N Go is in the same bag but SOME diff parts. The one with the mushroom is obvi WAY better. I'll be ordering one of them for sure as it would have saved me a ton of time if I knew I had a secure repair.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  16. Might even do a little video of using that kit with my worn rear before changing tires by causing one or two air-leaks. As it only takes minutes to fix with a mini-biker compressor handy & pressure measuring device. Ow plus the location of the offending item (usually a screw) ...obligatory bottle of water if it requires a search.

I honestly can't fathom people who stress/moan about running out of fuel or having a puncture. These two require carrying a bit of kit. But are not massive items when it comes to waiting hours & hours for road-assistance services. Sure, there are plenty of people who hate top-cases & the accompanying wind-draft/wind-wobbles but I like having the ability to help others on route or notably myself.

My bike has actually just gone faulty with the fuel gauge, my mileage was at 366 miles. With 26miles range showing which I thought was really quite good considering its usually flashing red for around 10-15miles before that. And 367 it chugged too a stop,..out came the 2litre filled fuel can. Two/three minutes & I was away straight to a fuel station. Didn't cause me to be late for work or feel any stress. OnYerBike has confirmed they've got a new fuel sender device in stock & holding one or it for me. And I'll get it installed under warranty in the next week or so. Best distance I've got from my enduro with 33litre tank is 404miles before my termi kit was installed. Though even now on a steady pace 55mph I get bloody good value for mullah (imho) in my humble opinion. With an average 350>370miles per tank in the working week.

#16 GunZenBomZ, May 28, 2019
    Last edited: May 28, 2019
  17. Nah trust me this is the one to grab; rocky creek design. You need the engine running or it drains your battery. And it gets hot because its a bare design, that along with a type pressure gauge & your good to go.

• Useful Useful x 1
  18. +1 on the Rocky Creek Designs MotoPressor Pocket Pump. It's the smallest pump I've found to date. I have a collection of pumps I've purchased over the years :)

Do Not Sell My Personal Information