1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Tyre Size Vs Insurance

Discussion in 'Tyres' started by Felixcoles, Oct 13, 2018.

1. I'm due a tyre change on my 05 999 and im thinking of going for the Michelin power rs tyre, has anyone used them and are they any good? I have the road 5's on my cbr and they're spot on but thought I would ask. Also my bike has a 190/50 on the rear and im considering going down to a 180/55, will it affect my insurance and Speedo?

2. no - your trunks should still fit !

• Funny Funny x 1
  3. Insurance- I can't see why it would.

Speedo works of a sensor on rear wheel. Would be negligible difference.

I have Power RS on my 999 and fine on road but struggle with them on track with heat cycles but may be ok with warmers.

4. Is the heat cycle issue from over heating or not getting up to temperature during your session? To be fair I'll be using it on the road predominantly. Will it make that much difference on drop in and contact patch?

5. The point was made on here a while ago that a change from standard tyre spec could be viewed as a modification and used as a reason not to pay out.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. Don't know. 1st rear had really bad cold tear and fell apart. Replacement I was much more careful with pressure but it's still not great.

7. So I've just spoken to Carole Nash and they have confirmed for me that a change in profile doesn't require you to list as a modification and will not invalidate your insurance. I'll be ordering some 180/55's then

• Like Like x 3
  8. If I bolted a bucket size turbo on the side I wouldn't tell the fleecing bastards. The only insurance experience I've had is bikes being nicked. And they've always vanished forever. So who's gonna know about my bucket sized turbo and strap on NASA rocket?

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information