1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Tyre Suppliers

Discussion in 'Tyres' started by Speedy23, Apr 26, 2021.

1. ...in the West Mids? Any suggestions? I'm after 120/70 17 (F) and 170/60 17 (R) for 900SS.

Yesterday, I was getting the bike ready for a ride out today. Giving it a bit of a polish and noticed... 20210425_120705.jpg

On checking, tyres both ends manufactured 2014. Bike passed MOT before I took delivery so guessing cracks have started to form in the 1000k I've done since acquiring it in March.

Anyway, not happy to ride it with boots in that state. Not confidence inspiring.

Preferably looking for ride in/ride out type service. Had a look at the Bridgestone S22 some people recommend but they only seem to do a 180/55. I've read that chain clearance could be an issue?

Any other suggestions re. brands, esp. ones to avoid?

Cheers

S23

2. If you’re after bridgestone, Bobs the main importer

fwr tyres

3. I can recommend Michelin Pilot Power 2ct tyres for the SS..great grip for road and decent longevity. (I do use a 180 rear though)

cheers
    Grant

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. addison tyres ,tipton or wheel house ,coleshill

5. Like most man made things in life they disintegrate with time, i've no idea what make is on mine at the minute only that they have tread.:blush:
    Perhaps Demon Tweeks online can send you a replacement pair out.

6. Thread moved

7. Not used thrn but heard good things from others about Addison

8. Hi Grant

Thank you for your comments re. the Michelins.

Do you have any problems with clearance? I'm a bit concerned about the hugger/chain. I've read that there can be issues with the 180 tyre on the 900SS.

Cheers

S23

9. FWR from me too. Cheapest and fastest delivery.

10. No issues at all for the 180 clearance question (180/55 R17), it depends on the manufacturer as they are all slightly different. I do really recommend these tyres. The bike came on Pirellis, but they were horrible! - I'm now onto my 4th pair of Michelins.

11. Ordered yesterday, delivered today. FWR best tyre supplier.

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. For those recommending Bob, its all well and good but the OP was very clear he needs a ride in, rideout service, and Kenningtons a bit far !

Do Not Sell My Personal Information