1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Tyre Thread No.234

Discussion in 'Tyres' started by BigAlan, Jun 19, 2019.

1. So after a year and 5000 miles approx on the Bridgestone T31 tyres there shot to bits, especially the front which scallops around the edge.

I tend to ride possibly quicker than the average guy and love sweeping bends rather than outright speed, so advertised on eBay are some Avon Storm 3D X-M 120/70/ZR17 & 190/55/ZR17 XM which seem to be well priced, and I don’t think there is any tyre I could get the maximum from anyways, plus most tyres are quite good anyways.

Anybody tried these?

Thanks.

2. I use mytyres for rubber, I prefer knowing its from a quality outfit.

I've done a search for you.

#2 GunZenBomZ, Jun 19, 2019
    Last edited: Jun 19, 2019
  3. I have no issue with the seller, purchased from them before, but I don’t know about the actual tyre itself.

4. My Avon storm 3D is just about at the end of its life having done two trips to Italy and one to Porto total mileage 10,200. I'm very happy with edge grip too.

I put Michelin PR4s on the front as they give good feel and my last one did 12,000 miles.

I'm not the fastest but as an ex club racer from the 70s I'm not the slowest either.

TB

P.S. having your suspension set up might help with scalloping

5. Good to hear you like the Avon, I used to run the PR4’s on my huge GTR and thought they were good, never thought to run different front to rear though.

I have the dvt Skyhook and have no idea who could help with the suspension setup, would prefer someone I could ride to and see how it goes and who knows Ducati’s.

Thanks

6. Thread moved

Do Not Sell My Personal Information