1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Tyre Time For The Sport Classic

Discussion in 'Tyres' started by Mitch-D, Jul 18, 2020.

1. After doing the obvious interweb tyre research I am focused on either Metzler M9rr or the Bridgestone R22. Both seem to be pretty great. One mate says Metzler as they have a softer carcass. Another mate says R22..

I was wondering if any of you guys have tried them or have any wise words?

(Not wanting to start a clone thread.. I did have a look for tyre topics in the search, didn't see anything for a while so started a new one.)

2. I will be fitting the new M9RR to my Multistrada, imminently as I am a Metzeler fan boy. The only downside is they are not a tyre that you can expect high mileage from. My M7RR’s are usually done by 3000 miles so I have two sets of wheels, one with M7RRs for scratching and one with Roadtec 01s for touring. Very pleased with the compromise on the Roadtec 01 and will be trying the newest version, the 01SE, at the next change. Andy

3. Hi Andy, thanks for the feedback. That's another tick against the M9RR.. :)
    I don't do big miles on the Sport classic so I 'm not too worried about the longevity, rather max grip for scratching. The second set of wheels is a good idea though. I used to flat-spot sticky tyres after doing a continental blast, super annoying if you'd just put on a new set. Another reason to get another bike..

4. I also own a Multistrada 1200S DVT and the GT 1000.On both bikes I use Bridgestone S22 and they are absolutely fantastic. The grip is impressive, on the GT in the middle of the curve you can open gas with no worries to slide, they enter the bends quick and easy. On the MTS they last around 5000 to 6000kms.

• Useful Useful x 1
  5. Well the Metzlers are here, I will give them a try.

I used to run the Bridgestone B56,s years ago. They were a great tyre on road and track, so I am sure the S22 must be excellent with all that development since then.

Let’s see... hopefully very soon.

6. Got M9RR on the MV supposed to last better than the M7 but I felt the 7’s had more feel about then but then again. the 9’s feel a slightly rounder profile

• Useful Useful x 1
  7. Check out these beauties...

C1DFFD15-32FE-4C75-8F20-9E2C8C4A40D8.jpeg

Do Not Sell My Personal Information