1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Tyre Wear (link)

Discussion in 'Ducati General Discussion' started by bradders, Jul 11, 2017.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  1. Does look similar. However, my bike should be running 19/50 and the tyre that's just disintegrated is 180/55. I'll be going back to a 190......

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. Problem solved.... tyre is way way too small. Try running a 190/50.:p

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  3. Like I say I haven't seen that description before, and it looks very similar to cold tear just far more destructive.

Btw, a proper tyre guy said on that FB thread that he runs 26 off the warmers, so 28 HOT with those tyres. Think that's the real clue. :)

#4 bradders, Jul 11, 2017
    Last edited: Jul 11, 2017
  4. May be the issue as you have to flatten it for the wider rim, however I ran a 180/60 on the multi last year and it never tore at all, just wore out, and that's a 190/55 std ;) perfect tyre wear :D

IMG_0025.JPG

• Like Like x 1
  5. When I said Power RS to tyre guy he said 26 cold. Michelin Website said 28 cold. I have to get another rear to match as front is virtually new so will get a 190 and as/when I do the next TD i'll go 26 cold. I'm waiting back to here from Michelin if they will help towards the cost of a replacement.

• Like Like x 1
  6. I'm getting utterly confused. With the Metzeler Racetech RR K3 (my tyre of choice), my baseline is 28R/32F cold and run until the tyre wear tells me it's wrong. Worked fine at Silverstone in 17 degrees C air temperature but was too high in Almeria because it was a lot (fecking) hotter. The challenge is reading the wear and distinguishing between hot and cold tear and in the early days, if your suspension set up is right for your bike, your weight and your riding style/standard. Not experienced Creamie's problem so obviously been (very) lucky, so far. Andy

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. or maybe not so ham fisted, i'm wondering if my "riding style" may have also contributed.

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. Wow. Suspension must be bang on and you must be gentle with the gas. 28 cold probably 30 at least off the warmer and 32 out under abuse. :)

9. Gentle is being kind, others would say timid o_O. I'm most definitely not aggressive although the 1098R is actually encouraging me to venture outside my comfort zone. The suspension by luck more than good judgement is actually pretty spot on. Andy

• Like Like x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information