1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Tyreleader - Openeo Etc Etc

Discussion in 'Tyres' started by Wayne58, Jan 28, 2018.

1. Good evening all, I have used the same local tyre bloke and have stayed loyal throughout, but phoned him Thursday and his quote for 2 bridgestone T30's was a piss take at 240 quid, considering the wheels are off. Anyhow, have you all used net companies, and how did it work out for you? Did you get delivered to home or straight to a tyre fitter etc, and which ones are the good companies? Any help much appreciated.

2. I’ve purchased from eBay & openeo for the past few years. Delivered to home and the. I take the wheels off and run them up the road. Only time I’ve not done that was when the exhaust bolt on the faulti seized up and the mechanic had to air saw it off.

I do find that you normally get free fitting when buying the tyres through them. I used to pay £25 to fit to loose wheels but that’s not the case anymore. P&H quoted me over £70 to fit to loose wheels but I told them no on that one. Local mechanic does it for sub £50 including the disposal charge.

I have started to wonder if I probably end up paying just as much but am putting myself through more faff taking wheels off and running tyres down the road. I’m either going to invest in the gear to change my own, or just start doing a ride in ride out and pay them their money.

3. Have not bought bike tyres this way as my local dealer has always given me a decent price but I have bought a couple of sets of car tyres from Oponeo without any problems and my local mechanic has fitted them for a modest charge.

• Useful Useful x 1
  4. Most years pirelli, Michelin, etc, do some sort of cash back deal which normally makes the extra effort not worth it.

• Useful Useful x 1
  5. 70 quid to loose wheels is a piss take, as is 50. Will ring round fitters tomorrow JH and see what the cost is. Cheers mate

6. Tyre leader does the 2 T30s at sub 200 quid, so if I can find a reasonable fitter. The wheels are already off for other jobs so its no hassle, just need a reasonable tyre fitter.

7. Parkitt Racing are pretty good. They don't show T30's but maybe they can get them.
    Prices are good, they're very quick if they got what you want in stock and they're a proper UK high street business where someone answers the phone, not a European internet outfit.
    https://www.parkittracing.co.uk/collections/tyres

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  8. Local workshop I use charges £25 a pair on loose wheels. Keep looking, they're bending you over at £70.

• Agree Agree x 2
  9. Have used both oponeo and tyreleader for some time, never had a problem with either, always a good price, usually tyres get delivered separately which is a bit strange. Just ordered a pair of Michelin Road 5 from tyreleader £233 delivered, bought tyre fitting kit a couple of years ago so always fit and balance them myself, even to my cf wheels!

10. I always use either tyre leader or oponeo

Never had a single issue

• Like Like x 1
  11. I did tell them bollocks. It was just that they were doing my MOT so made sense to do it at the same time. Ended up going to two garages in one day. Tyres done at one and MOT done at P&H. It was only because my bike was from P&H and they did free MOTs. I no longer go to P&H as they’re bloody expensive and I didn’t think they were actually very good

12. £70!!!! To change tyres ! Jesus wept !

I pay £25 for loose and £30 for on the bike

• Agree Agree x 2
  13. Interested to know what the 5s are like. I’ve been a Pirelli man for a while now. But I’m torn this year between Angel
    GTs, Roadtec 01s and the Pilot 5.

14. have a look on mytyres.co.uk, they are very good with their car tyres, so the motorcycle tyres might be cheap too, its posted free straight from their German warehouse

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  15. I may start doing that. I feel a very long, hijacked thread with many face palms coming......

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Face Palm Face Palm x 1
  16. Openeo here and fit them myself. Never had a problem with them upto now.
    Steve

• Like Like x 1
  17. could us good people do some sums a minute to see what value you put on your time and our precious wheels.....
    2x loose wheel fitting = 1/2hr labour, your own 30 minutes pay is £?
    add that to a contributory £2 for machinery maintenance
    valves cost £1 each, balance weights cost approx 45p per wheel
    their insurance to cover your eagle eyes to watch him cost £1.50
    their building rent, rates a further £1 contribution,
    warranty risk of putting correct a scratch he might do by accident
    he would not be buying the tyres very much cheaper than non-traceable online stock,
    id say he's looking to make a rich sum of £20 net profit which allows him to be here next year when your own tools are broke and really need him.........
    ......... £240 inc vat and fitting to loose wheel for recently superceeded tyres....... not a bad deal after all......... or you could save money going to a really low paid untrained, unexperienced guy who doesnt give a shit,,,, that'll save you a fiver! ..... im sure that if you were talking about our houses or something non vehicle related we'd be saying fair price for a fair job???

am i the only one who values good value and wants to use their services next year?

• Like Like x 1

18. The Road Pilot 5s are looking very good (as an all weather commuter)

19. I see your point but you may be forgetting one thing, the on line guys are already making profit, and so at over 60 pounds more to fit on loose wheels, I personally think it's a piss take, as he is also making profit before fitting, so 60 quid for 20 mins to fit? Hence I'm merely asking the question to start with.

20. more opinion!

Do Not Sell My Personal Information