1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

V4 Tyres And Pads

Discussion in 'Multistrada' started by Wilbert, Jul 12, 2021.

1. Ok my rear tyre is at the end of its useable life and I don't know whether to replace with like for like or something else. The original lasted well (4800 miles) and had enough grip in dry and wet 90% of the time. Wondering if anyone has tried other tyres on the V4 such as Road 5 trail etc and has feedback.

The brakes are not quite as sharp as I'd like, lacking initial bite and hard stopping power. I'm sure this is down to the pad compound rather than the calipers / master cylinder as they are used on more sports oriented bikes without issue. Anyone swapped them yet?

2. I had Road 5 Trails fitted from new on my V4S - I hate dual purpose tyres, not good at one thing or the other! Hopefully I will be on some kind of tarmac 99.9% of the time.
    The rear was replaced at 518 miles!!!!! This was due to a second puncture in the rear, 200 miles on and the new rear is still OK, just my luck I am hoping.
    Certainly I like the grip of the Road 5 and they seem to suit the bike well. Re the brakes the OE ones on mine are excellent, better than the 1260, with lots of bite and real stopping power, that may wear off but for now I treat the front brake with respect and the rear is good, just needs to heat up a bit before working well.

• Funny Funny x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information