1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

V4 Uk Based V4 In Flames

Discussion in 'Panigale' started by Topolino, Mar 24, 2019.

1. After the much publicized fire, that has been well documented of a Canadian V4, saw this video today. Appears to be a UK bike, fitted with a full Akrapovic system as well. Can anyone shed any light on this recent incident, cause location etc. I don't believe it is the OP's bike.

2. Should t-cut out.

• Funny Funny x 3
  3. Always take a service crew with you on days like this;)
    index.jpg

4. Was it a crash :thinkingface:

5. No info other than the video. Hopefully owner will surface soon and explain the cause.

6. Not sure of the significance of the video panning to look at the curb or the debris (or detritus) at the side of the road. Astonishing that the heat of the fire can melt the swing arm. The rear wheel is clearly still attached to the bike early in the video but separated by the end. Front forks don’t look (pre fire) damaged so I’m not sure that the bike was involved in an impact incident. Please tell me it’s not a repeat of the cause of Canadian incident. @Topolino, definitely appreciate any update. Andy

7. Who fitted the Akro pipes????

8. Honestly could not tell you Andy. I don't know whose bike it is as the OP has simply shared the video. I have messaged him in case he knows the source and I can contact the owner that way.

9. Elite Superbikes will have that cleaned up and on his shelves next week, we can then ask him the whole truth on what happened.

10. Where is the rear wheel hub of the motorcycle..are the fire brigade equipped to deal with tesla aka car battery fires? Are the fire brigade equipped to shoot a radio beam at an out of control AI car gone haywire??

11. The OP knows the owner of the bike so I'm hoping to hear back from him for more feedback.

• Like Like x 1
  12. Looks like a bike to bike crash then :(

13. hopefully not. was there lithium involved?

• Funny Funny x 1
  14. Spike Milligan wasn’t riding it was he?

15. Can't open the link, Shell server....

But I recently fitted a FullSix cf fuel tank to mine and it quickly developed a fuel leak, luckily whilst stationary in my garage. Upon power up, the fuel pump pressurizes the fuel rack. The petrol then cascaded leak....png down the pipe and directly onto the rear bank headers. This would have certainly evaporated my bike had I not found it :eek:

16. rider error, TFF, ran out of talent......Boom!

17. Shit, I was thinking of getting one for my Black 1098 - was it a so called fuel cell one with no seams that they say don't leak? Manufacturing defect? Surely these are 100% pressure tested :worried: what did they say?

• Agree Agree x 1
  18. No, not that bad. It was from the fitting I'm pointing at. I'm not sure- but perhaps they used an incorrect sealant/seal on the brass fittings. I suspected the integrity of the two breather fittings too.

They didn't argue at all to be fair and replaced my tank with a new one immediately. Which I've yet to get round to fitting, so fingers crossed this time :):upyeah:

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  19. Does anyone know the owner of the V4 in Kent. Wonder if he is a member on here. Looks like the other bike in the report is an 1199S TriColore.

Do Not Sell My Personal Information