1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Uk Drivers To Be Banned From Using A Mobile Phone From 2021.

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by WAYNE, Oct 17, 2020.

1. About fucking time too, they should get a 5 year driving ban a massive fine and have to do an extended driving test with six points on their licence when they get it back, personally i'd fucking shoot the fuckers on sight but don't think that will be aloud:grinning::upyeah:.

#1 WAYNE, Oct 17, 2020
    Last edited: Oct 17, 2020
    • Agree Agree x 5
  2. Agree, much easier to use a Lap Top on the forum especially while driving o_O

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Agree Agree x 2
  3. I've seen that on the motorway someone on their laptop, beggars belief what you see people doing at the wheel.

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. Had a two week old van written off 18 months ago by a lad on the wrong side of the road - fairly sure he was using his phone at the time

18DDB5E3-B379-4B0B-A045-21447B2C6B52.jpeg

• Dislike Dislike x 2
    • Love You Love You x 1
  5. Barstard, more than likely on the mobile!! Where i live there is a road that goes past our flat and the amount of drivers i see going up the road looking down texting and on the phone just makes my blood boil :mad:.

6. I’ve been called a c*nt by an orange girl for revving my akras next to her open window at the traffic lights as she was on the phone.
    My response was to increase the revs so she got the whole Satan gargling 10mm sockets experience;)

• Funny Funny x 7
    • Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 2
  7. :upyeah::upyeah: Nice one.

• Agree Agree x 2
  8. I agree about the use of phone whilst driving & any other gadget for that matter. But, one thing that does annoy me is police officers, whilst driving, using their radios. Yes, some are hands free, but alot are not, you even see them on the TV chasing scrots & operating their radios as they go.
    To me, using a radio or using a phone is exactly the same. I have no doubt that some would say they are "trained", the police that is, but I just do not accept that is a justification. A police officer, driving on his own, using his radio is no different to anybody using their phone.

• Agree Agree x 2
  9. Absolutely right, it should be outright illegal or treated the same as drunk driving IMO, i've been sat behind car drivers that are weaving all over the road so i try to get past them quickly and nine times out of ten they are on the phone(i don't drive only ride).

• Agree Agree x 2
  10. Agreed with all the above comments as it's only a matter of time before they get me...,but i think it's that time we upped our game with this positive method.....don't you.;)
    be81eacdb31db5ba7c7256881a6a2870.jpg

• Agree Agree x 2
  11. Drivers are allowed to use their 'phones hands free currently and this will probably not change with the new laws currently under consultation.

It is expected that drivers will not be allowed to use their 'phones for any purpose if it requires them to hold it in their hand. Using a 'phone for hands free calling will probably not be affected, nor will using one as a sat nav provided it is in a case/ mounting prior to driving.

In 2019, there were 637 casualties on Britain's roads - including 18 deaths and 135 serious injuries - in crashes where a driver using a mobile was a contributory factor.

12. I think you will find the only things changing are the loopholes that crazily allowed games to be played and photos to be taken on mobiles !! ...and they are also gonna tweak the law to allow payments by phone in drive- thru's while the vehicle is stationary ;) Nothing else

They are not banning hands free use lol

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-54578607

13. Phones in the boot end of.
    No one needs to take a call while driving. Nothing is that urgent and we managed before mobile phones fgs

Phones should know when they are in a car and switch themselves off.
    If my tele can do it while I’m watching it so can a phone :mad:

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information