1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Uk2swe Return

Discussion in 'Touring' started by plundh, Aug 7, 2020.

1. Hi all Ducatistas and Ducatisties-

I live in Herts. but need to go to south Sweden to visit relatives. I do NOT like RyanAir, but have a lovely Hypermotard EVO in the garage...

Taking all the current issues surrounding C19 into account including the different countries I’d have to ride through, what would your advice be? If yes, which route would you choose?

Best.

-Peter

• Like Like x 1
  2. Hello.

Avoid Belgium, probably easiet route Hull/Zegrugge? Then onward north! And plan not to come back for a while! Lol

3. Hull Zeebrugge isn't sailing

4. A twenty six hour ferry crossing?

https://www.freightlink.co.uk/knowledge/how-do-i/uk-sweden

5. Hi Jez-

Thanks for link. I’ve explored that ferry ⛴ route in the past, I know they’re hesitant regarding admitting passengers due to matters of insurance and H&S. Have you used this route On your bike. Maybe there’s a way around it, especially now with all the looming Brexit chaos. Perhaps, I can say that I’m delivering some expensive equipment to SWE, or something along those lines. It would be good to know a sympathetic Crew member...

(I have a very fond memory of travelling on a freighter with bike from Reykjavik to Rotterdam back in the day. I was almost part of the crew by the time we arrived in Holland.)

Tx 4 tips!

-Peter

6. The Immingham ferry isn’t a good idea, they’re very reluctant to let you book on it, the cabin space is very limited and you will get bumped off in favour of a much much better paying artic.
    Hull —> Zeebrugge isn’t advisable (if its running) ‘cos of the Belgian quarantine restrictions.
    Hull —> Rotterdam is a better option, not just at the moment but in general, its a better, bigger boat and loads up in the estuary, rather than through the sea lock, which the Zeebrugge ferry does.
    It depends how far up Sweden you're going. There’s a terrific service from Kiel to Oslo (and then ride into Sweden obvs). It’s more of a cruise liner (that takes vehicles) than a ferry and is a bit of an overnight party boat.
    The last time we went to Norway, we did Hull —> Rotterdam, had a blast across Germany to Travemunde and caught the ferry to Oslo and rode up through Finland, this is obviously no use to you, but may help someone in the future)

7. Apologies, I me at Rotterdam! Well, I meant Holland anyway lol not Belgium

Do Not Sell My Personal Information