1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

999 Ulez

Discussion in '749 / 999' started by Charlesrwa, May 11, 2020.

Tags:
  1. TFL hit with me a ULEZ fine, would be great to show them a 999s that has shown NOx less than 0.159 to pass ULEZ requirements. Has anyone managed to get a Letter of Conformity for a 999s please

2. Take a look at the bike shop in Stratford. Can't remember the exact name but it is the only one that comes up in Google / press coverage.
    £189 buys you an exception certificate. It doesn't help with the fine you have but maybe get the cert then wave that at them.

Who are we kidding, pay the fine or they will hunt you down, and they will fine you more (£4,500 in one year for parking fines here, you never win)

3. Took my 998s to the guys at the ‘TFL Authorised National Emissions Test Centre For Motorcycles, Scooters, & Mopeds, In London’ Unit 3, Riverbank Business Park, Dye House Lane, London, E3 2TB, 020 8983 4896. Really friendly & helpful, would definitely recommend using them to get your exemption certificate. Currently cost for test is £175.

Ducati CoC emissions letter have my 998s as 0.17 NOx output which is above the 0.15 gm/KG limit - my 998s has a full race system which has the correct map on it. Last night completely drained the fuel tank & filled up with fresh fuel this morning - it passed with an average NOx level of 0.09

Speaking to them afterwards it appears the vast majority of bikes will pass or can be made to pass the ULEZ test.

• Useful Useful x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. I had my 2002 Biposto registered for ULEZ as the bike's original spec for emissions puts it under the limit. I emailed ducati in italy (via the duacti website) for confirmation and they passed me on to a lady in the UK. All I needed to send them was copies of logbook & driving licence. Ducati then issued an emisions declaration specific to my bike. You can then register with Transport for London, etc that the bike meets emission requirments and is not liable for the ULEZ charge. No cost involeved either for any of it.

• Like Like x 5
    • Useful Useful x 2
  5. Thanks BigJohn999, I followed your advice and am getting the same service.
    The one difference now is that Ducati UK require photos of the bike; front, back, each side, Homologation sticker, engine number, chassis number and my postcode.

I wonder will the 54mm Asymmetric make a difference. We'll soon see. o_O

6. Good luck. Should be OK I hope.

7. Should be ok. I got Ducati’s help for my 748r which enabled ulez exemption.

8. Get your cert from a test centre or Ducati (proof of purchase, ownership and pics required), then send to this lovely lady who could not have been more helpful. So far MV F4 750S & 996SPS.

[email protected]

Our Ref: TFL******

Dear Mr Reynolds,

Re: Ultra Low Emission Zone (ULEZ) compliance

Thank you for your further email of 30 September 2021 to our Customer Services Team, regarding the ULEZ compliance of your vehicle. This has been shared with me for response.

I can confirm that you need to take no further action to register your vehicle as compliant, I have arranged for this to be actioned internally.

I hope this provides clarification, thank you for contacting us.

Yours sincerely,

Sadie Smith

Correspondence and Investigations Officer
    upload_2022-3-8_11-26-40.jpeg Transport for London – Licensing, Regulation and Charging

• Like Like x 3
  9. Amazing, thanks @Paul55

10. Disgraceful how they (and many other firms) can pass their shitty fines over to those gutter rat debt collectors without any due process for appeal.

11. Just been on the TFl website to check both my bikes,
    1999 748 will need to pay
    2010 848 no charge
    So i can take a bike to The Bike shed in Shoreditch.

12. Your 748 will be exempt if you can navigate the Ducati "certificate" process. Both my bikes started on ULEZ website as "paying" the fee.

See you at the Shed if I can cure the oil leak on the 996 SPS.....:worried:

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  13. I like the parking as i don't have to park it outside and i need a new bike t-shirt :motorcycleduc:

14. "i need a new bike t-shirt"

Start saving now :worried:

• Funny Funny x 1
  15. i have a copy of my COC for my 999r (2004)
    e3-92/61-0147/02 approval number
    EC*97/24/5*2002/51/CE
    HC mass/S: 0.199g/km
    CO mass/S: 0.630 g/km
    NOx mass/S: 0.123g/km

let me know if you need a scanned copy as an example

16. Can you change it to a 1998 Honda Deauville??
    :joy::joy:

• Funny Funny x 1
  17. The guys at the test centre can pretty much get any bike to pass the NOX emissions test because the levels are inversely proportional to the efficiency of the engine being measured … so in my case with a ‘98 916 they restricted the air intakes to reduce engine efficiency and this brings down the NOX readings. The whole thing is absurd and just a box ticking / revenue generating exercise (rant over)

• Like Like x 1
  18. Looks good. Certificate received from Ducati (incredibly helpful and communicative) shows Euro2 which gave me pause, but 0.130g/km NOx so should be fine.

• Like Like x 1
  19. I used these guys. Managed to get my 1998 Honda Dulville through the test. Yippee. Free to ride in London. Had to pay £12.50 to get to test centre. They can get most bikes through apart from old Triumphs. There was a 1998 Triple there. Cost him near £600 to fit two small CATS.

https://www.nationalemissionstestcentre.com/

• Useful Useful x 1
  20. All done. Confirmation received. Nice & easy!

• Like Like x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information